HELP!! Big problems little time!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2005, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default HELP!! Big problems little time!!

Ok i fired up the new D15B turbo and it sounded like it was sputtering a little then the rpms kept jumping from about 1.5 to 2.5 very harsh. Then white smoke was coming out of the exhaust and aslo was water. Is this when i need to replace the head gasket or is it something else?? I need help on this asap. Do i also need to buy new plugs and wires?? im using the ones that came w. the engine. Thanks
cuzzfolk99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2005, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT

CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....CxHatch It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Dude check your Head Gaket. This may contribute to your problem but im not 100 percent sure. Maybe only 85% sure. But i will take the head out and take a look at it. Did you just built this motor? If you did, did you check your clearances?

BTW i copied your bunnie
Quote:
damd it ricky. you know it'll supersain JDM mad tyte, son. lol.
R.I.P Milo, You were my second brother and I will Always remember you.
CxHatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2005, 10:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 2redstars is learning the way of the D2redstars is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 2redstars

if the motor ran fine before and all you did was start it and let it idle after you put the turbo stuff on, then you didnt install something right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2redstars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2005, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!

00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 00kickercivic

you need two step colder plugs... ngk brk7e's

sounds like a headgasket problem...

a lil more about your setup and we could help out some more im sure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

93 Toyota Supra TT
13 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T
05 SeaDoo RXT

Last edited by 00kickercivic; 12-28-2005 at 10:48 AM.
00kickercivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2005, 10:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
D16Z6TURBO

more info yo what psi and didnt I tell you to get ARPS????
\
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2005, 10:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Z6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to allZ6HatchGirlie is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I'm with 00kickercivic. Colder plugs first off. Second of all - "water" coming out of your exhaust is more than likely just condensation. Happens all the time. However..do you have an strong smells ?
Z6HatchGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2005, 11:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 1st racerette is learning the way of the D1st racerette is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

A friend of mine had the same things happen to his car when he went turbo, he took it in to a shop and they said that it was a blown head gasket..
1st racerette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2005, 11:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z6HatchGirlie
I'm with 00kickercivic. Colder plugs first off. Second of all - "water" coming out of your exhaust is more than likely just condensation. Happens all the time. However..do you have an strong smells ?
yea condensation i was about to say but if you also have WHITE smoke. most likely you blew a head gasket. maybe just a small crack. take the head off and check
Old 12-28-2005, 11:14 AM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatnessDirtyDC4 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthehell1051
take the head off and check
Or just pull the plugs and read/smell them.
DirtyDC4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2005, 11:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
D16Z6TURBO

were you blowing coolant into your resevoir? If so no more argument HG ARPs problem solved
Old 12-28-2005, 11:33 AM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 bigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Borat

How can you guys jump to any conclusions based on this post? It has NO info. He didnt even bother to check back on the thread which shows how much he cares....

Id bet it something like running lean, purge control solenoid, or not enough coolant/air in the system.

Lean he wouldnt know the difference. Purge control solenoid he wouldnt know the difference. Coolant you cant help but tell the difference(look at gauge, wow im over heating). So im saying the 1st two are probably what it is.
bigwig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2005, 12:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

/\ well i guess we are just giving our opinion on what it might be, you are a pretty caring guy to stick up for him like that. awwwwww. checkin his status and all.....
Old 12-28-2005, 12:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
D16Z6TURBO

Realistically it looks like he has a couple of issues. Wrong plugs for sure. White smoke is pretty much a given hes got coolant going somewhere. Hes still on stock plugs and wires sounds like a lack of planning on going turbo! (I did it too it happens LOL) Also he di check back he just didnt post but he really should so we can actually be helpful rather than just speculate 1600 diff ideas
Old 12-28-2005, 12:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by D16Z6TURBO
Realistically it looks like he has a couple of issues. Wrong plugs for sure. White smoke is pretty much a given hes got coolant going somewhere. Hes still on stock plugs and wires sounds like a lack of planning on going turbo! (I did it too it happens LOL) Also he di check back he just didnt post but he really should so we can actually be helpful rather than just speculate 1600 diff ideas
/\ yea i agree with that
Old 12-28-2005, 01:54 PM   #15 (permalink)

ok i got my plugs they are only 1step colder though. im running 1or2 psi right now until my support tool from greddy comes. And there is white smoke coming out. Ok can someone hlep me about my horrible idleing prob?? its goin crazy from 1 to about 2.5 and when it gets ready to go up it trembles. Also on the D16z6 throttle body theres a little round thing on the front that either grey or bronze plastic where does the pipe from it goes or does it not have a pipe connected to it?? thnaks
Old 12-28-2005, 02:15 PM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 bigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Borat

Is this a game? Seriously, are you so unwilling to spend 15 minutes and thoroughly describe your setup and problem? I guess you simply enjoy wasting others' time.

In all seriousness, I would suggest to everyone that they not respond further to this thread until this individual actually is willing to spend the time to tell what the exact problem is, what their setup is, and everything they have tried. There is no reason for anyone to sit here and waste another second of their time if this individual doesn't understand the give and take process of troubleshooting.
bigwig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2005, 06:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

the set up is a d16z6 greddy turbo kit on a d15b fully stock
Old 01-03-2006, 04:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

Ok here it is guys my set up is an D15B Vtec engine with a Full Greddy D16Z turbo kit with a FMIC. also with emanage. The problem is when i went to fire the thing up my RMPS were out of control it kept on raising from 1 to about 3,000 Then after that i was pouring coolant into the enine and it never got full. And about that time i noticed water spewing from my exhaust. At that time i knew the head gasket was shot. So the head is in the shop getting resurfaced and checked. So i got one of the problems oit of the way. Next problem anyone out there thinl that they can tell me what was causing the rpm's to continously raise up and down?? Next problem while it was reving up and down when it went to raise up the engine sounded like it was skipping i just went and purchased new NKG iridum plugs and wires the plugs are one step colder because they caouldnt get 2 steps colder. Do you guyz think that this will solve the problem?? Or has anyone had the same problem that im having right now.??
Old 01-03-2006, 06:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
i save your ass when you wreck

H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....H2Bcivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to H2Bcivic

the idle thing has been a issue with a lot of people on this board. my car did it and i changed the idle air control valve and that solves the problem...it could b a couple of things.
94 cx hatch: d16z6 same mods with 55 shot [email protected]
94 cx hatch: H2B JDM H22, b16lsd tranny +mods
1/4 - 11.719
MPH - 114.93
94 cx hatch: N/A b18c TBA
02 mustang gt: quick

Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD... you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences
H2Bcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2006, 06:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme

Richie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcanoRichie_A_19 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

IACV (nipple you were talkin about earlier)..... I assure you that if you search IACV, you will find teh answer...
Richie_A_19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in