? on using stock ECU with turbo kit... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2005, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
ABTsportsline

Default ? on using stock ECU with turbo kit...

Ok, can i run my car with the Greddy turbo kit and the stock p08 ECU with NO emanage? i mean JUST the stock ecu?

i mean can i run this, as a limp mode kind of thing? what are the side effects/ramifications of that? i am trying to troubleshoot to see if the ECU or chip is my problem.

thanks
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2005, 04:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

your gonna need a FMU probably 12:1 ratio...........that's the easy way out and the way i'm going to be running my turbo setup...but in the long run your gonna want that emanage (it's much safer)
freshlane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2005, 04:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

i think hes asking this as to just get it running enough to get to a shop
i would imagine so if you take it extremely easy, if your just taking it to a shop

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2005, 04:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

oh............it seems like it should be good..just don't try nothing dumb
freshlane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2005, 05:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

You could unhook the actuator arm from the flapper valve on the turbo.

This way it wont spool so you dont have to worry about it.
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2005, 05:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

you can run it but you have money for new spark plugs every other day. lol just don't drive over 3000 rpms if you just need to get somewhere to fix it.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

^^^ yeah, what they said... just don't go into boost and you can drive it very very gently to a shop. You could even retard your ignition a little to be safer, but then you'll have no low end power and you'll be too tempted to step on it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2005, 06:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

/\ hey good idea
Old 12-19-2005, 07:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
ABTsportsline

wait... so if i get an FMU and set it to 12:1 i can run that with my stock ECU... i mean that would be good enough to keep it running to sell it?
Old 12-19-2005, 07:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie

Just dont boost over 6 psi with the FMU. It should be good enough for you to sell.

Oh, and guys, unhooking the actuator will not foul the plugs in any way. It wont dump in the extra fuel if the map sensor or FMU does not see boost.

I'd go crazy if I had to keep it under 3000 RPM.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeD16Z6

I'd go crazy if I had to keep it under 3000 RPM.
Believe it or not, that's how I drove when I first got my civic... it had no tachometer and I thought I was close to redlining it when it got a little noisy. doh! having the tach made everything so clear... but it was hard to tell with the d15b7 by itself

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2005, 08:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by makku
Believe it or not, that's how I drove when I first got my civic... it had no tachometer and I thought I was close to redlining it when it got a little noisy. doh! having the tach made everything so clear... but it was hard to tell with the d15b7 by itself
LMAO thtas funny. that would be a crappy redline. lol
Old 12-20-2005, 12:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
ABTsportsline

cool, thanks guys.

where can i get an effective inexpensive FMU?
Old 12-20-2005, 12:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

Check the Classifieds or post in the WTB section. I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to sell them now that crome and uberdata became so popular.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
ABTsportsline

what is "fmu" an acronym for? can i find them on ebay?
Old 12-20-2005, 06:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

"Fuel Management Unit" and I use those words in the loosest of terms...
Old 12-31-2005, 01:11 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

i 1st turbo my civic with no fmu nothing..drive it over 200miles before i did something to it..ran just fine untill u hit boost..then cel..it was cools because i dont have backup memory for my ecu so everytime i turn off my car it would reset the ecu...get a 12:1 fmu/missinglink and you should be good for 4-6psi...thats what i did and i was pushing high 15 in 1/4 in my 98EX coupe

Great Seller:
civic4ges
spdracer22
gaowee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2005, 05:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Ferio inspired

Rep Power: 31 NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....
NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....NastyHabitzCRX Still a JDM Star....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeD16Z6
Oh, and guys, unhooking the actuator will not foul the plugs in any way. It wont dump in the extra fuel if the map sensor or FMU does not see boost. .
uh wait that won't let the wastegate open then. then he will be able to boost way past what he can handle. the actuator needs to see boost so it can open the wastegate.
maybe if you hold it open the wastegate, then maybe it will always be bypassing the turbine and make it less prone to boost soon.
90 Civic EX 4dr- turbo D15b (sold)
98 Civic EX 4dr- USDM (99 front) (sold)
92 Accord EX 4dr- ricermobile(sold)
NastyHabitzCRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in