help on greddy e-manage - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2005, 03:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 civicracer94 is almost a somebodycivicracer94 is almost a somebodycivicracer94 is almost a somebodycivicracer94 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to civicracer94
Default help on greddy e-manage

ok ill be the first to tell u i dont know shit about turbo kits what i want to know is whats wrong with the greddy E-Manage? when u get it do u have to have it tuned ?im looking to getting a greddy turbo kit but people told me i cant ran a bov and a fmic with greddy e-manage. is this true? would i be better off getting a FMU ?but i also been told that the fmu will not work right cuzz of my 225 fuel pump . so what do u guys think ?
95 ej (b16)
2000 ex project gsr
05 chevy 5.3
civicracer94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2005, 04:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

well i run a e-manage w/ a BOV and a FMIC so whoever told you that is obviously not familiar with turbos and plenty of my friends run emanage w/ bovs and fmic . For the other part of your ? IDK
cuzzfolk99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2005, 04:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 15 civicracer94 is almost a somebodycivicracer94 is almost a somebodycivicracer94 is almost a somebodycivicracer94 is almost a somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzfolk99
well i run a e-manage
did u have to tuned it ? if so is it safe to run it untuned ?
95 ej (b16)
2000 ex project gsr
05 chevy 5.3

Old 12-19-2005, 05:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
ccfab

emanage is garbage, enjoy picking pieces of your blown motor off the ground

sell that junk immediately abd find a chipped ecu with uber or crome
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2005, 05:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfab

sell that junk immediately abd find a chipped ecu with uber or crome
dude here we go again, just tearing apart at things, emanage is not garbage by any means, if your only going to be boosting up to 12 lbs, the emanage will be fine, you will need to purchase the datalogging cable set to be able to tune it..... but if your going to be boosting a lot higher power, then a chipped ecu would be better for you.....
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2005, 05:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
ccfab

im drunk, and emanage is poop. if emanage was the best option up to 12 psi, everyone would be running it, but they are not, and theres a reason for that.

but disregard everything i say. im cocked.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
vash_vts

it is not necessary to tune the emanage, BUT, your motor will run a hell of alot more effeciently, if you do. Think of it this way, you have 2 engines, both of them d16z6's, but one is un-tuned and gets 15 mpg, and only makes 170 whp, and the other is tuned, and gets 30 mpg, and makes 200 whp. Now which engine would you rather have? As for not being able to run a BOV or a FMIC thats a bunch of garbage, you can run both of those with the emanage just fine. I think you got confused because the Greddy kit does not have a BOV or an FMIC, and those have to be purchased by themselves.
Yes, uberdata, or crome would be a better choice if you plan on running any crazy amount of boost, but seeing as you dont know too much about turbos (and apparently your friends dont either) i would keep the emanage and have it professionally tuned whenever you get the turbo kit put on. Also, if you get it tuned now before the turbo you will have to pay to get it tuned again after the turbo is put on.
Other things you need to make sure you have before the turbo are an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to deal with that over-kill sized fuel-pump, and make sure that you already have a cat-back exhaust installed on your car.
Any other questions you have just pm me, and i'll give you a bull-shit and propaganda free, knowledgable answer.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

well thanks for replys all i want to run is about 6-7 psi i dont want a drag car or nothing (i know this is not the right place to ask this) but i can also get a jdm gsr swap u think i would be better off with that ?cuzz i dont want to blow 1300 bucks then it blow up how much would 7 psi (tuned)give me at the wheels ?the stock gsr is 159whp and plz no hateing i just want the best bang for my buck
95 ej (b16)
2000 ex project gsr
05 chevy 5.3

Last edited by civicracer94; 12-19-2005 at 06:02 AM.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
D16Z6TURBO

OK So the problem with the emanage in my area is that no one has any experience tuning it where in other parts of the U.S. every shop knows how. So considering your level of experience I would check and see what shop support there is for you before you have the problem I did. There is also some confusion out there as to its quality because its predecessor "the blue box" was a P.O.S. The BOV/intercooler thing your friend told you is all the info you need to never listen to them about cars again also tell them to shut up if they have no clue what they are talking about! You will need the support software($139 MSRP) that comes with the USB cable and software so you can plug in a laptop and tune they also have a timing control harness so you can retard your timing under boost as well. As to the fuel pump issue a FPR might help as I actually needed les fuel pressure to get my A/F ratio where I wanted it. Along with all of these read the stickies on turboing your car their are other things to consider ARP headstuds etc... And to your ? on swapping instead there is also an awesome stickie by Berettagtz117 that outlines cost and power results from the $ spent. So before you make up your mind do some research price out everything you will need and plan on something going wrong. Swap or turbo it will probably end up costing a little more than you think if you dont research enough first. Either way is cool just depends on your goals with your car but from all of us that ever boosted trust that boost is addictive and 6 psi isnt as fun as 10psi!!! Youll start hearing your BOV and feeling that pull and want more! Of course I have to plug my for sale thread as I have intercooled greddy kit for sale and so do a few others so look around you might find what you need.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to JaredKaragen Send a message via AIM to JaredKaragen

OMG... will ccfab ever learn manners??? lol, u must be drunk all the time!!! j/k lmfao!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*Signup Required*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 DelSol Si : B18C1/I/H/E Totalled. Swap is sold. Soon to part out.

Pat: You will be remembered.
JaredKaragen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2005, 11:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

haha no kidding, but emanage is what im gonna use, for reason being im not making a 100 percent dragster, just a daily driver with some balls....
Old 12-19-2005, 11:33 AM   #12 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC
emanage is not garbage by any means
yes it is, anyone that knows better will tell you E-Manage is TRASH

Quote:
if emanage was the best option up to 12 psi, everyone would be running it, but they are not, and theres a reason for that.

some of you need to open your eyes to the COUNTLESS ways to tuning your Turbo Honda

E-manage is at the BOTTOM of the list ....
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2005, 03:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

i have read the sticky on the swap and i think it would be cheaper and more dependable cuzz the only place to get it tuned right would be a place call jotech in dallas and there expensive pricks but like i said i dont really know anything about turbos but swaps i can do in my sleep thanks for all the help guys
95 ej (b16)
2000 ex project gsr
05 chevy 5.3
Old 12-19-2005, 09:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

whatever guys, its better than using an FMU........
Old 12-19-2005, 09:49 PM   #15 (permalink)

S Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the skyS Q A D is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC
whatever guys, its better than using an FMU........
this is true

FMU is below E-manage
S Q A D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2005, 05:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....JaredKaragen is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to JaredKaragen Send a message via AIM to JaredKaragen

I've never used an FMU or E-Manage, but I would trust E-Manage right out over an FMU because for one thing, E-Manage is a computer and it is made by a trusted company...

Second, is Emanage is reliable up to xPsi.... Which is good for any average Joe to set up and run on his stock or slightly modified motor.

Having said this:

Even though I have never used anything else,

I recommend Crome outright. It has virtually _UNLIMITED_ expandability and feature potential.... especially for a FREE product. Alongside with ease of use (once you get fermilliar with how it works) and the ability to do RTP and make other specific changes to your ECU rather than a piggyback.

Have you researched the uses and benefits of CROME vs. E-Manage and others? I think the price of equipment and benefits of CROME far out-weigh the cost of E-Manage and others. I only use CROME free, and plan to use a standalone datalogging program, so I have no use for the pro version... so I dont think Ill foot the $150 to register it.

I have heard nothing but good things about the RELIABILITY and ease of use of E-Manage... I have heard complaints about the expandability and limits of E-Manage... this is your choice to make... but whatever route you take should be the best route for you =)

a FMIC and BOV do nothing in the ways of how your ECU work... you only have to worry about a BOV if u have a diverter valve+Mass Airflow sensor, which you most certainly do not.

And S Q U A D, how u likin the STi? **penis envy sets in**

*Signup Required*

1995 DelSol Si : B18C1/I/H/E Totalled. Swap is sold. Soon to part out.

Pat: You will be remembered.
JaredKaragen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2005, 05:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

E-manage is good to 9 psi, anything more is unsafe. FMU's should be taken off the market peroid! Chipped ecu is the way to go if you can.

Check out my civic build here -->

Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2005, 06:08 AM   #18 (permalink)
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!

00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky00kickercivic is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 00kickercivic

Quote:
i wanna see all these blown motors from running stock boost on an emanage....

have you owned an emanage??

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Q A D
yes it is, anyone that knows better will tell you E-Manage is TRASH
emanage is fine sqad... sure there are better things if you know how to chip and tune your self but E-manage is fine. Do you even know what all it does??

93 Toyota Supra TT
13 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T
05 SeaDoo RXT
00kickercivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2006, 11:53 PM   #19 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default i got one

I'm still using emanage for my stock y8 and [email protected] all day long almost a year now. done bout 40k miles. My 16g still pulling hard. Its maybe suite my set-up...
lilvee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2006, 10:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
speedfiend

If you really want to fine tune, there's always the option of going to an Apexi PowerFC. (This is NOT an FMU, it's a direct ECU replacement). Apexi makes a PowerFC that connects directly into the OBD1 harness and replaces the stock ECU for the Japanese D15B. It very often used here in Asia for tuning turbo D16s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in