' 99 p2t ecu SI vtec fit with '99 mini-me y7/y8 swap ? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2005, 02:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Default ' 99 p2t ecu SI vtec fit with '99 mini-me y7/y8 swap ?

' 99 p2t ecu SI vtec fit with '99 mini-me y7/y8 swap ?

thank you

Setup in building:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Video of my old setup:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awesome Photography Thread:

Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2005, 04:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

no you need a p2p
Devine_wind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2005, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness

it's tha same obd2b plugs, so it's table who are so different ?

any comments ?

thank you

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 12-16-2005, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

I would think it would work all the same sensors as the ex.Are the pins in the right spots though on the ecu.
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2005, 07:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

if you have the 2-wire IACV on the minime, then I don't see why it wouldn't work out.

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2005, 07:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 shifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Work, yes. Work well, no.
'90 Mazda Miata - Weekend Fun Car
'04 Toyota Prius - Wife / family car
shifty35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2005, 03:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Curious George

Quote:
Originally Posted by makku
if you have the 2-wire IACV on the minime, then I don't see why it wouldn't work out.
like shifty35 said, it will work well due to different powerband and fuel/ignition table ?

thank you

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 12-17-2005, 03:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

the p2t and a 99-00 p2p is totally different. the p2p has more pins on the middle part. the 99-00 is different in comparison between the 96-00 p2p, also in shape. I do however have a 98 p2p sittin in my garage, though.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Curious George

I need OBD2b 99-00 p2p ecu. 98 won't fit on my harness plug.

Does OBD2b p2t use the same plugs pattern as p2p one ?

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 12-18-2005, 01:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Curious George

anything else I should know ?

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 12-19-2005, 01:07 AM   #11 (permalink)

that is a good question that I kdon't know about, I haven't looked into that in over 2 years. I don't want to give you the wrong info on both the ecu's that you have alreaddy mentioned.

But in my opinion there are going to be a few different things different like the obd2b p2p will not have that extra pin for that sensor that looks for the other cam, ofcoarse a knock sensor also the fuel tables will differ, input to the fuel injectors are totally different. Heck, the fuel injectors on the d vs. b-series has different flow rates.

I am sorry I am not able to give you direct info on this subject at this time.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Curious George

yeah i see your point !! thank you ! I like that kind of comments...

but I'm sure that inectors are 240 cc on B like almost every D...

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 12-19-2005, 02:37 AM   #13 (permalink)

Hey man an update for ya' if you crack open your helms book 1996-2000 on the fuel and emission chapter (11-88 to 11-96) it will show you the pins of the ecu's unfortunately, it will not individualize the ecu's that they have used. But it will let you see perfectly for which one is which. I am sure this will help to understand. If you don't have a helms there is an adobe acrobat format of the civic book in archives. I tried to find the flow rates for the injectors in the book. Looks like I am going to keep on searching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in