How hard is tuning Uber vs a VAFC? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2005, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 i love honda will become famous soon enoughi love honda will become famous soon enoughi love honda will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Default How hard is tuning Uber vs a VAFC?

Ok Im taking my car to the dyno after Christmas but I don't know if the guy there can tune with Uber or Crome...I know he can with a VAFC...he's tuned plenty cars with them. How different is the tuning with Uber vs a VAFC? I wanna see if he could tune it
-APEXi IHI ball bearing turbo kit
-ARP head studs
-10lbs daily
-Tuned on Crome Pro

220whp and 182wtq!
i love honda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2005, 06:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

piggy back compared to stand alone. hugh difference stand alone of course more harder but with understanding and practice you will understand it
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2005, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
decev

I'm only mildly computer literate when it comes to some of the subject matter of uber and I found it to be not that hard. Crome was a little easier, but I think I like uber more. I purchased a wideband o2, laptop, & chip burner
for around $450. The reason I went this route is because a VAFC can only do so much, no wideband and still like $250. When you go to a dyno I think most of them aren't set up for honda's. I'm getting my car dyno'd soon and have found people telling me to bring in my own chipping equipment and to use their wideband. Their wideband ussually goes in the tailpipe and doesn't read totally accurate for our vehicles, this too scares me. I'm setting AFRs and then am gonna go in to dyno timing.

Old 12-06-2005, 05:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

rotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcanorotory20 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

if you live in modesto I know there are some people out there to help you tune uber...
VAFC is evil!!
rotory20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2005, 06:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 i love honda will become famous soon enoughi love honda will become famous soon enoughi love honda will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I have Uber downloaded and I have a laptop and a chipped p28. I was just trying to figure out if the guy could tune Uber since he can tune with a VAFC. I now know their a lot different to tune with lol. I'll just have to go down there and ask him and then if he can, I'll be going there and having everything tuned. I'll bring my laptop and burner. Thanks for the help.
-APEXi IHI ball bearing turbo kit
-ARP head studs
-10lbs daily
-Tuned on Crome Pro

220whp and 182wtq!
i love honda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2005, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotory20
if you live in modesto I know there are some people out there to help you tune uber...
VAFC is evil!!
yes piggyback is a waste IMO
Old 12-06-2005, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 mferrari smells like Boratmferrari smells like Boratmferrari smells like Boratmferrari smells like Boratmferrari smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by decev
Their wideband ussually goes in the tailpipe and doesn't read totally accurate for our vehicles, this too scares me.
The tail pipe thing is actually pretty nice. The only problem is it can get false reading at low rpms (from fresh air coming in the exhaust). And if you still have a cat it will not read 100% right. But if you are running a striaght pipe it will work just fine.
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2005, 04:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 bigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Borat

Tail sniffers always read significantly leaner than O2 sensors in the pipe pre cat. I would never trust a sniffer.
bigwig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2005, 04:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

/\ yep werd
Old 12-06-2005, 07:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
daconkiftador

but how good a tune can you get with a SAFCII and a wideband?

^^TOTAL NOOB ?, but i dont care LOL.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
daconkiftador

and why do people say their unsafe or what not?
*double post, sorry!!
Old 12-06-2005, 08:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

you can't really control that much with a piggyback because think of it as something trying to modify a stock computer. the piggyback is conflicting with the ecu. so a stand alone or uberdata is like using a whole new computer. and there are plenty of tuning places that use controllers and widebands and are good at it go around your local shops....ask
Old 12-06-2005, 08:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

the VAFC advances timing. with boost, you want to retard timing. advancing it can lead to detonation and ruing your motor.

also, i would not trust a tailpipe sniffer either. when we dyno'd my buds car, the PLX was reading 12s AFR, but the tailpipe o2 was saying 15s :shocked:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2005, 09:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
the VAFC advances timing. with boost, you want to retard timing. advancing it can lead to detonation and ruing your motor.

also, i would not trust a tailpipe sniffer either. when we dyno'd my buds car, the PLX was reading 12s AFR, but the tailpipe o2 was saying 15s :shocked:
12 to 15 wow!!! hugh diff.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx

thats why i never liked ASS SNIFFERS!

BOOSTING, HAWAIIAN STYLE

BoOsTeD_eX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2005, 12:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 zeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respectzeus zore  is slowly gaining respect
Send a message via ICQ to zeus zore Send a message via MSN to zeus zore

anyways.. didt read it all...
but fuck VAFC and get a standalone as some call it... it is not that hard but you need the software and eqipment and some understanding... and a VAFC can only be used when the ecu dont look at the lambda above about 4 K RPM... since it will recorrest the fuel anyways...

Setup on Z6 :
SMSP header, Arias 11.5 pistons, eagle rods, edelbrock IM, 60mm TB, Crower springs/ti. retainer, AKMEE Type R Cam, Crower cam gear, Hondata.
zeus zore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2005, 04:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Default ttt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotory20
VAFC is evil!!
he's right vafc is Evil, go with Uber.......
superls92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in