OBD2 Chip (good or garbage) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2005, 09:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 Sohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow upSohc Wrath is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default OBD2 Chip (good or garbage)

Does anyone know anything about this, or ever heard of it before. I dont think I would really trust something like this!!!

http://www.autoserve.8m.com/OBD2Emu2.html
Sohc Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2005, 09:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

I've never heard of it either. But if it works I'm sure it will make a lot of obd2 users very happy.
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2005, 09:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 devere  is slowly gaining respectdevere  is slowly gaining respectdevere  is slowly gaining respectdevere  is slowly gaining respect
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to devere

yeh if it works, i think i would look into it further, and see just how good it can be...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My build thread!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
devere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2005, 09:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Shoot me!

Rep Power: 45 Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Hellhatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

I wonder how much it is.Does anyone want to be a ginny pig i curious to see if this works.
Hellhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2005, 09:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Did anyone do a search for this on PGMFI.org?

edit:

found it

http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php...p+obd2&start=0

Last edited by mikeD16Z6; 12-05-2005 at 11:09 AM.
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2005, 03:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Even if it worked, are they any obd2 programs out for burnign maps or emulating?
DontSaveHer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2005, 04:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

from what i've heard, it doesn't work. this coming from people who really know their stuff. also, i don't know if i'd buy something from somebody who charges WAY over the normal amount for just a regular chipped ecu...
greenex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2005, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

wish it would work, save us OBDII guys trouble.....
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2005, 11:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC
wish it would work, save us OBDII guys trouble.....
hell ya! first time i saw it i jumped out my seat. then i heard it couldn't really work due to addressing problems or something like that. man, that was depressing!
Old 12-08-2005, 06:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
allwheeldriveturboboxer

Rep Power: 26 builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!
builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to builthatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenex
also, i don't know if i'd buy something from somebody who charges WAY over the normal amount for just a regular chipped ecu...
just a tid bit; in '98 i got my p2e, yes d16y7 ecu chipped by a company called g-force, which later became Hondata...they did not do obd2 ecu work at that time but they had contacts with a company called technosquare who did....and still does for new nissans and toyotas. they totally redid my ecu, deleted the obd2 features, raised the rev limit to 9k, etc. in fact, several people on this board have had this ecu; it's been sold a few times and they will tell you it was successfully chipped....

the problem is...the actual chips were tough to come buy and supposedly are now nearly impossible to come by...and the unit required to do the programming is VERY expensive. so it cost me i believe somewhere in the 200-300 dollar range at the time. it's the nature of the beast, or was the nature of the beast...

builthatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2005, 08:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

I had it, it was definately chipped...rev limiter was no where to be found

Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2005, 10:37 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by builthatch
just a tid bit; in '98 i got my p2e, yes d16y7 ecu chipped by a company called g-force, which later became Hondata...they did not do obd2 ecu work at that time but they had contacts with a company called technosquare who did....and still does for new nissans and toyotas. they totally redid my ecu, deleted the obd2 features, raised the rev limit to 9k, etc. in fact, several people on this board have had this ecu; it's been sold a few times and they will tell you it was successfully chipped....

the problem is...the actual chips were tough to come buy and supposedly are now nearly impossible to come by...and the unit required to do the programming is VERY expensive. so it cost me i believe somewhere in the 200-300 dollar range at the time. it's the nature of the beast, or was the nature of the beast...
never said you couldn't chip an obd2, just said i wouldn't trust something coming from somebody who charges like 250 for a chipped p08 when you can get them for almost half elsewhere. but ya, you are correct about it being very expensive and rare to come by the obd2 chipping supplies. i think somebody on pgmfi.org was trying to talk a company into making reburnable chips that would be able to work in the obd2 ecu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in