afc hack with adj. fpr - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2005, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default afc hack with adj. fpr

sorry guys i tryed searching but couldn't find anything! i want to tune my y8 turbo to about 10 psi with afc hack and maybe some 310 injectors, maybe some 450's! but i was wondering, if i have the afc i have no need for an fmu and adj. fpr rite? or wrong? just wondering, going to save up some money for the afc and injectors and hopefully get tuned! thanks for any info given, thanks in advance!

BOOSTING, HAWAIIAN STYLE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BoOsTeD_eX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2005, 07:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

Yep, with the AFC you dont need an FMU. But if you are running 310cc injectors they may max out at the stock fuel pressure before 10 psi so you may need a fuel pressure regulator to bump up the pressure.

450cc injectors would be better for a turbo anyway.
mikeD16Z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2005, 12:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

thanks for the reply man! now all i need to do is save up for the afc, injectors, and a new adj. fpr, that b&m one is crap!

BOOSTING, HAWAIIAN STYLE

Old 12-06-2005, 04:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 konigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to allkonigcivic is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

ever think of an obd1 conversion and chip the ecu to run uberdata or crome?

but if you do plan on the hack dsm 450's or other aftermarket 440's is a must for the hack to work..

konigcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2005, 06:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

yeah i really want to buy the xenocron package for obd1 with the chipped p28 and use uberdata but i am new to tuning and don't want to fuck anything up because this is my daily driver and if my car is down, i'm screwed! but uberdata or crome would be awesome! and i'd probably go with the dsm's also......how hard is it to tune uberdata? i mean i know there is a post about this also but i want to do a street tune and could my car run off a simple tune or a basemap till i could tune more? another question..........I FOUND SOMEONE TO TUNE AFC IN HAWAII, THEY CHARGE 100 BUCKS, IS THAT AN OK PRICE? man only if PEOPLE IN HAWAII KNEW HOW TO TUNE UBERDATA OR CROME......MAYBE I SHOULD LEARN SO I CAN SPREAD THE KNOWLEDGE!

BOOSTING, HAWAIIAN STYLE

Old 12-06-2005, 07:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

mikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top AussiemikeD16Z6 is a Top Aussie

Crome is easier to use. Its really not that hard to tune. Just start to tune the idle, then light throttle, and go heavier and heavier. Just take it slow and keep your eye on the wideband.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeD16Z6
Crome is easier to use. Its really not that hard to tune. Just start to tune the idle, then light throttle, and go heavier and heavier. Just take it slow and keep your eye on the wideband.
i kind of wanted to use uberdata since crome doesn't support boost for the p28...at least thats what it said when i tryed! but now i'm over the afc hack, i'm just gonna save the money and use the xenocron package and STREET TUNE! any advice for tuning crome or uberdata?

BOOSTING, HAWAIIAN STYLE

Old 12-07-2005, 07:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

Crome will support boost for a p28.

Just copy and paste p28 maps on to a p30 bin and add boost. Simple as that.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Crome will support boost for a p28.

Just copy and paste p28 maps on to a p30 bin and add boost. Simple as that.
awesome.....never thought about that! thought that i'd have to go crome pro to do it! i guess i'll be purchasing the xenocron package! so with the wideband i don't need a gauge rite, i can just see the real time air/fuel ratios while datalogging?

BOOSTING, HAWAIIAN STYLE

Old 12-07-2005, 10:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoOsTeD_eX
awesome.....never thought about that! thought that i'd have to go crome pro to do it! i guess i'll be purchasing the xenocron package! so with the wideband i don't need a gauge rite, i can just see the real time air/fuel ratios while datalogging?
The wideband shoud come with a controller that displays the AFR. But I dont think the free verson of Crome has support for datalogging.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
The wideband shoud come with a controller that displays the AFR. But I dont think the free verson of Crome has support for datalogging.
guess i'll be trying out uberdata! i can just make a basemap and then do a conservative tune rite? to get used to tuning and stuff

BOOSTING, HAWAIIAN STYLE

Old 12-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
the MAD scientist

yep, but I never had much luck with uberdata. The tune was never consistant. It would always jump all over the place.

I never used datalogging to tune mine, but it took me a long time to really get it right.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
yep, but I never had much luck with uberdata. The tune was never consistant. It would always jump all over the place.

I never used datalogging to tune mine, but it took me a long time to really get it right.
hmm....maybe i'll try both then.....i guess i can use the ostrich till i get a chip burner!

BOOSTING, HAWAIIAN STYLE

Old 12-12-2005, 07:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

What a nice ride "BOOSTED EX"
I was the same as you before......I bought FMU for my set up but some how have no chance to use it.

Its kindda worry too much about high pressue on the injector.
I would like to learn more about Uberdata and etc. but Its might takes so long for me and my ride is my only daily ride too.

So, I choose to go with VAFC Hack to learn more about electronic tuning.
VAFC Hack is not the best but in some area it hard to find a good ECU tunnner.
here is what I found verry good info for VAFC setting......check this out (but use his setting as your own risk)

http://www.boostmachines.com/Rides/c...fcsettings.htm

Hope you more comfortable for VAFC Hack route.....
When you done pls. post more pictures OK?..........

P.S. you might need to search more about timming issue if you gonna go hack on OBD2

P.S.2 This is what to call a guide to turbo honda........

http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html

Have fun with reading......
2010-2013: China journal bearing GT30!?! (T3T4 57trim
) Build y8 @ 25psi

Last edited by pramonn; 12-12-2005 at 07:32 AM. Reason: add more info.
pramonn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2005, 08:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 d16a6 power is learning the way of the Dd16a6 power is learning the way of the D

I would suggest not using the VAFC hack. You need to chip your ecu and have someone tune it properly. The afc does not do anything good for you. All it can do it take away fuel and at the same time advance timing. At w.o.t, you cannot add fuel or retard timing with it. So go another route and do it a proper way.
d16a6 power is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2005, 06:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

More info for you "BOOSTED EX" if the setting i gave to you is make your idel not smooth, I did use his setting once but my car idel so rough.

If it did the same thing to you try rich it up let say move form -41% at 1000 to -37 to -38%
My street tune is -37% across the board both on Wide and Narrow setting.

if you have not dyno or have wide band O2 and EGT.....then it kindda keep try moving around.......

and once again street tune is not the best....but work for someone that short in resource on dyno tune...

good luck and hope your car running great.....
2010-2013: China journal bearing GT30!?! (T3T4 57trim
) Build y8 @ 25psi

Last edited by pramonn; 12-13-2005 at 06:17 AM. Reason: correct spelling
pramonn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2005, 07:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
allwheeldriveturboboxer

Rep Power: 26 builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!
builthatch is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to builthatch

you mentioned there is noone to tune Uber in Hawaii; i believe Hypersports can, but they are a couple islands away from you, in Honolulu...

builthatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2005, 10:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by builthatch
you mentioned there is noone to tune Uber in Hawaii; i believe Hypersports can, but they are a couple islands away from you, in Honolulu...
i'm not too sure......now i'm leaning towards hondata, if i do go hondata i will just use an adj. fpr from cosmo racing and set my fuel pressure at 44 and just run 7 psi for now....then when i get the money get hondata! the reason i wanted to run uber is because the only shop here in hilo that can tune hondata are a couple of dick heads so i've heard and not many people trust them with their cars! but now the shop that i hang out at and get all my parts from will soon be a dealer for hondata and the owner will be the tuner, somone i know and trust my car with! i will definately keep all updated when things start to happen, but thank you very much for all of the information! aloha

BOOSTING, HAWAIIAN STYLE

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in