Ok going to be tuning sometime soon...need a little bit of help with Uber - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2005, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 i love honda will become famous soon enoughi love honda will become famous soon enoughi love honda will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Default Ok going to be tuning sometime soon...need a little bit of help with Uber

I just need to know if there's a simple way to explain what all the numbers in basemaps mean...I don't have everything yet but I downloaded Uber and a stock p28 map just to see what it looks like and I don't know what the hell all those numbers are. Like where it says RPM, there will like 7 numbers lol. I don't understand. If there's a simple way to explain it all to me, then please do. I'd appreciate it very much. I don't know what Im doing and Im going to need to know pretty soon lol.
-APEXi IHI ball bearing turbo kit
-ARP head studs
-10lbs daily
-Tuned on Crome Pro

220whp and 182wtq!
i love honda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2005, 10:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

go to tunewithcrome.com and pgmfi.org and go to the library and it explains ALOT.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2005, 06:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 i love honda will become famous soon enoughi love honda will become famous soon enoughi love honda will become famous soon enough

is crome and uber have the same basic stuff?
-ARP head studs
-10lbs daily
-Tuned on Crome Pro

220whp and 182wtq!

Old 12-02-2005, 02:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

read the uberdata/crome/turboedit faq sticky... it has mostly info on turboedit, but all the stuff is the same between each of the programs even though turboedit is for obd0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
forecast for tomorrow... a few sprinkles of genius with a chance for DOOM!
Quote:
But I thought you said TV was bad?
It is... but we fucking need it.
makku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2005, 02:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

makku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussiemakku is a Top Aussie
Send a message via AIM to makku Send a message via MSN to makku Send a message via Yahoo to makku

uberdata and crome are almost the same. crome is easier to work with IMO. uberdata uses a basemap that is completely different from stock hondas though. They completely reprogrammed it. So for uberdata, you HAVE to start with the uberdata basemap. With crome you can use any basemap, but to get all the interesting features, you have to start with a p30 map (b16). For either, just copy the fuel/ignition values from the stock basemap you want to use.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-02-2005, 06:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

yea but see, I don't know what all those values stand for. I want to be able to adjust the fuel curve but I don't know what to type in or what to increase and where...I don't know anything about how to change the stuff around...
-ARP head studs
-10lbs daily
-Tuned on Crome Pro

220whp and 182wtq!
Old 12-02-2005, 06:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makku
read the uberdata/crome/turboedit faq sticky... it has mostly info on turboedit, but all the stuff is the same between each of the programs even though turboedit is for obd0
keep scrolling... I KNOW i mentioned what the values mean.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-02-2005, 08:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ok cool. Thanks. I see that and it helps some but Im still a little lost. I don't know which ones to increase and where at and by how much...Oh and like on Uberdata the RPM for stock maps will say stuff like 251894.37...what's up what that? I don't know what that's supposed to mean. I also don't know which is the fuel maps and which are the ignition maps. I don't know how much to increase/degrease the ign. if I increase the fuel. You see what Im saying? Im a complete dumbass with this and I don't know what to really do...
-ARP head studs
-10lbs daily
-Tuned on Crome Pro

220whp and 182wtq!
Old 12-02-2005, 08:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cool User Title Here

Location: 7.5 hours north of Modshxcivic, 6.5 hours north of Rexinre's house (he says only 5 hours) (MAINE)
Rep Power: 24 Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
Honda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcanoHonda4VW is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Honda4VW Send a message via MSN to Honda4VW Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love honda
Oh and like on Uberdata the RPM for stock maps will say stuff like 251894.37...
If this is happening, something is very very wrong with that file, and you should not use it at all

Honda4VW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2005, 08:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

It's not quite that many numbers but it's really close. I didn't plan on using that one anyway, it's a stock p28 map that I downloaded with Uber and I have a y8. But I don't get any of this stuff lol. I don't know where or what to change stuff to when Im tuning. Hopefully the dyno guy knows how to tune this stuff lol...
-ARP head studs
-10lbs daily
-Tuned on Crome Pro

220whp and 182wtq!
Old 12-02-2005, 08:06 AM   #11 (permalink)

By the way, anyone know where to get a stock y8 map? I can't find one anywhere...only can find the p28.
-ARP head studs
-10lbs daily
-Tuned on Crome Pro

220whp and 182wtq!
Old 12-02-2005, 08:27 AM   #12 (permalink)

you can't open a p28 file directly with uberdata (that's why uberdata is so unfriendly). You must open the GSR file, then import the p28 maps into it. You can only directly open the GSR file (for vtec) and the LS file (for non-vtec).

Fuel values are always positive.
Ignition values are negative and positive (near zero).

How do you know when to increase or decrease these values... buy a wideband o2 sensor and start reading about tuning cars. This just comes with experience.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-02-2005, 10:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

/\ yea i love honda you did that because if not.......oh crap
Old 12-02-2005, 10:52 AM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 bigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by makku
uberdata and crome are almost the same. crome is easier to work with IMO. uberdata uses a basemap that is completely different from stock hondas though. They completely reprogrammed it. So for uberdata, you HAVE to start with the uberdata basemap. With crome you can use any basemap, but to get all the interesting features, you have to start with a p30 map (b16). For either, just copy the fuel/ignition values from the stock basemap you want to use.
What? The very first map is always a stock P72 with imported values from a stock binary. After its saved, its unique to uberdata just like after you save a file in crome, its unique to crome. Crome you run a stock P30 base for the most part and import the values(via a crappily implemented table copy feature that absolutely sucks). Its really the same difference.

If you can tell me how its faster to in crome import a P72 map into a P30 base than in uberdata ill be forever in debt to you(the table copy feature doesnt work because the table sizes are different) so this means hand copying rpm,mbar tables and copying and pasting all the fuel tables. This in comparison to the 10 seconds it takes in uberdata. But this makes it unfriendly evidently?

Last edited by bigwig; 12-02-2005 at 10:55 AM.
bigwig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2005, 11:50 AM   #15 (permalink)

Ohh ok I didn't know that. How do I import it after I open the GSR file? And is that all...I just open the GSR file and import the p28 and that means Im looking at a stock p28 map, and then I can change around and edit everything? Ok well that's all good but I still need a y8 map...lol Where do I get that? I can't use the p28...
-ARP head studs
-10lbs daily
-Tuned on Crome Pro

220whp and 182wtq!
Old 12-02-2005, 01:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Crome supports the GSR maps now with boost. so there is no importing needed.

Uber isnt that hard, and Crom isnt that much better. the one thing that i really like about Crome is that you download the program, and all the plug-ins are already there. Uber offers the same features but there are compatibility issues between certain plugins and certain versions. IMO it was much more confusing to get Uber to do everything that Crome can do right out of the box.

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2005, 02:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

yea i liked uberdata for the first year i used it but now im likein crome because of the support for it. so im an ex uberdata tuner and its hard at first but after playing with it you get used to it. but na build ups really don't need tunning that much until you do some engine building.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 bigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Boratbigwig smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx
Crome supports the GSR maps now with boost. so there is no importing needed.

Uber isnt that hard, and Crom isnt that much better. the one thing that i really like about Crome is that you download the program, and all the plug-ins are already there. Uber offers the same features but there are compatibility issues between certain plugins and certain versions. IMO it was much more confusing to get Uber to do everything that Crome can do right out of the box.
Crome has SERIOUS positives over Uberdata. Thats no doubt in my mind. Cromes import feature is just seriously poorly implemented. The P72 boost has been there but what about ITBs? The whole point is P30 is the base code for Crome for the most part. If you want to import various tables it becomes time consuming and difficult to do so. Thus the poor implementation. Uberdata you simply open a P72 go to the import section and select your engine code. It takes 10 seconds. Its one of the few things uberdata does very efficiently.
bigwig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2005, 03:33 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwig
What? The very first map is always a stock P72 with imported values from a stock binary. After its saved, its unique to uberdata just like after you save a file in crome, its unique to crome. Crome you run a stock P30 base for the most part and import the values(via a crappily implemented table copy feature that absolutely sucks). Its really the same difference.

If you can tell me how its faster to in crome import a P72 map into a P30 base than in uberdata ill be forever in debt to you(the table copy feature doesnt work because the table sizes are different) so this means hand copying rpm,mbar tables and copying and pasting all the fuel tables. This in comparison to the 10 seconds it takes in uberdata. But this makes it unfriendly evidently?
i could have sworn that the Uberdata guys rewrote the stock honda rom to use double byte fuel values in the maps, rather than having single byte values and a multiplier. If that's not the case, then i was wrong.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-02-2005, 05:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwig
Crome has SERIOUS positives over Uberdata. Thats no doubt in my mind. Cromes import feature is just seriously poorly implemented. The P72 boost has been there but what about ITBs? The whole point is P30 is the base code for Crome for the most part. If you want to import various tables it becomes time consuming and difficult to do so. Thus the poor implementation. Uberdata you simply open a P72 go to the import section and select your engine code. It takes 10 seconds. Its one of the few things uberdata does very efficiently.
Crome all you have to do is open p28 export map in the potions table a=save it open p30 and import p28.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in