oil leaking around timing belt - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2005, 10:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 94..civic..ex is learning the way of the D94..civic..ex is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Exclamation oil leaking around timing belt

alright guys i was driving down the road today and heard a weird noise from under the hood. i drove home and i popped the hood and seen oil laying right below the timing belt. and oil on the plastic covering on the bottom. wtf!!! i am putting some pictures along with this. i hope someone can tell me why this would happen. and its a stock d16z6 with headers, intake, nothing special
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nov30154.JPG (339.1 KB, 713 views)
File Type: jpg Nov30155.JPG (374.1 KB, 270 views)
File Type: jpg Nov30158.JPG (330.6 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg Nov30159.JPG (300.1 KB, 211 views)
94..civic..ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2005, 10:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

looks like a bad crankshaft seal or a bad camshaft seal.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

This thread is for engine management. Some about ECU's, EMS, computers, chips ...
gmcuajo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2005, 07:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 gloryhog is obviously a regulargloryhog is obviously a regulargloryhog is obviously a regulargloryhog is obviously a regulargloryhog is obviously a regulargloryhog is obviously a regulargloryhog is obviously a regulargloryhog is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

cam seal prob. , being that the oil is that high up near the cam... not a big deal to replace.
gloryhog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2005, 07:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
whatthehell1051

or the gasket around valve cover but i doubt that
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2005, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series wise guy

Rep Power: 17 kommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kommon_sense Send a message via Yahoo to kommon_sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloryhog
cam seal prob. , being that the oil is that high up near the cam... not a big deal to replace.
agreed. *looks* like it is probably the cam seal. Its a $5 part and should take less than 1hr to do the work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
kommon_sense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2005, 08:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 94..civic..ex is learning the way of the D94..civic..ex is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

thanks guys i am going to go to honda tomm. and get the seal and replace it. i will update if that works or not. rep for all you that helped!!!!!!!!
94..civic..ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2005, 09:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
ridin on rotas

Rep Power: 16 gftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to allgftgrill is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gftgrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloryhog
The only thing I can say to add to this, is that if it's leaking from the crankshaft seal, couldn't the oil get on the belt and be carried up to the top?
Old 12-01-2005, 09:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 SleepingCRX88 will become famous soon enoughSleepingCRX88 will become famous soon enoughSleepingCRX88 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SleepingCRX88

is say the valve cover seal...atleast that was what it was on minel...but i wouldnt rule out the cam shaft seal

<<< Share the rep
SleepingCRX88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2005, 09:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member

Location: In Pennsyltucky about 6 1/2 hours under civic4VW & 2.5hrs above Mods! (The sticks away from people)
Rep Power: 33 Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!Rexinre is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Rexinre Send a message via Skype™ to Rexinre

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommon_sense
agreed. *looks* like it is probably the cam seal. Its a $5 part and should take less than 1hr to do the work.

edit: replace them both... you have to remove the valve cover to do the camshaft seal.

Check out my civic build here -->

Last edited by Rexinre; 12-01-2005 at 09:13 AM.
Rexinre is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2005, 11:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series wise guy

Rep Power: 17 kommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunnakommon_sense is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kommon_sense Send a message via Yahoo to kommon_sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexinre

edit: replace them both... you have to remove the valve cover to do the camshaft seal.
and don't forget the hondabond!!! if you cant get hondabond, then permatex ultra-grey.

|
|
kommon_sense is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in