chipped pm6 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2005, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Default chipped pm6

Can someone please tell me why my new chipped pm6 is different besides the fact that it doesnt have a blue ZeroInserForce socket? Im assuming the switch is to switch it back to normal mode. Why are there chips in different locations and white wires soldered everywhere?
DontSaveHer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2005, 06:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

whats the date stamp on the ecu? might be an 88-89

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2005, 06:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 DontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enoughDontSaveHer will become famous soon enough

88 vs 91. It doesnt look like theres a big enought spot for a 28-pin chip so they soldered on on there and ran the extra pins with wires to the board.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontSaveHer
88 vs 91. It doesnt look like theres a big enought spot for a 28-pin chip so they soldered on on there and ran the extra pins with wires to the board.
ya, 88 and 89 ecus require a daughterboard to be added so that a 28 pin eprom can be used

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 11-29-2005, 07:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wish i knew what year what cars have blue dsm 450cc injecors at the junkyard. BEter yet a gm 3bar map. I fust got a motorola 2.5bar with this ecu. Its way smaller than i thought and the 3bar.

Last edited by DontSaveHer; 11-29-2005 at 07:22 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

you can get a 3bar from Summitracing. looks just like the one on the left in your pic. the bluetops came in the 1st gen DSM turbo eclipse/talon/laser. the blacktops are the later versions. they are functionally the same thing, the only difference is the color.

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 11-29-2005, 07:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

That thing on the left is actualy the map sensor for my autometer vacume/boost guage. LOL i wonder if i could use it for TurboEdit? What exactly does DSM mean?
Old 11-29-2005, 07:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Black Dynamite

Rep Power: 23 Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Clutchmaster

how much did it cost i still want to retain ODB0 should I swap my ECU for another and chip it or chip my PM6
Clutchmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2005, 07:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
What exactly does DSM mean?
Diamond Star Motors....I.E. Mitsubishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchmaster
how much did it cost i still want to retain ODB0 should I swap my ECU for another and chip it or chip my PM6
chipping isnt very expensive...usually about $50 if you have a 90+ ecu. add probably $30 to have it set up for datalogging and you're golden

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 11-29-2005, 08:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

90-110 for chipped pm6. I dont see why you would use another ecu unless you where gona use the vtec head. The p28 chipped ecu for d16z6 vtec head cost about 150.00
Old 11-29-2005, 09:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Black Dynamite

Rep Power: 23 Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!Clutchmaster is the fucking MAN!!!!

koo beans
Old 11-30-2005, 05:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

DSM= Diamond Star Motors which a combination of mitsubishi's Diamonds and Chrysler's Star. The partnership started in 89*I think.
alkaloidz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2005, 06:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Black Dynamite

still continues today just look at the sebring and stratus still use 6g72 and 4g64 mitsu motors and tranny not including the interior is thet same with the 3g eclipse
Old 12-09-2005, 02:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

Does anyone know if my older 88/89 ecu with the switch can do everything my newer pm6 can do, like vtec activation threw a/c?

Quote:
Can someone please tell me why my new chipped pm6 is different besides the fact that it doesnt have a blue ZeroInserForce socket? Im assuming the switch is to switch it back to normal mode. Why are there chips in different locations and white wires soldered everywhere?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in