Mini me Throttle/Idle Issue - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2019, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Mini me Throttle/Idle Issue

Hey guys I have a y7/y8 mini me swap and I have always had a rough idle and some weird throttle issues.

First off the throttle kinda sticks or lags. For instance when I am coming to a stop and take the car out of gear the engine doesn't idle down, it stays at whatever RPM it was and when I come to a complete stop then it will idle down. I thought maybe it was a bad TPS but I replaced it with no change. Also some times when I do stop and it idles down all the way it will die but that may be related to my following idle issue.

Secondly it has intermittent idle issues. Some days it idles really rough and will fluctuate idle more than normal, other days it idles fine, most days it starts idle fine but after it warms up it idles rough. Hot days are worse and during the winter it runs better. I'm thinking some vacuum leaks or maybe some soft vacuum hoses that are getting sucked closed when its hot but it's just so damn inconsistent.

Might be unrelated but also my tach is very inconsistent. Most days its off, some days it kinda works, now and then it catches and is correct and other days it sits at zero or pegged.

Any thoughts or ideas would greatly be appreciated.
AmeriknGrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2019, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Spray Brake Cleaner on the engine while its running in idle. Start spray from Throttle body to intakemanifold, spray at all hoses and sealings. If it runs higher for a short moment you have your leak.
MrStock106 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2019, 09:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Did you calibrate the tps when it was replaced?

Like above hunt a leak if you really feel that's what it is by spraying it. Make sure the little vacuum nipple on the back side of the intake manifold driver's side is plugged.

You say the tach is iffy too so check the harness ground by the thermostat has good contact as well as the engine ground driver front by the headlight since it can corrode easily
Hasbeentanker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 11:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

New here so idk how to make a post yet lol. I'm going to run a y8 tb and intake manifold on an a6 head. Should I buy a specific map sensor or can I just buy any map sensor? Thanks in advance
CivicJoe94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in