What all needs to be done - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2019, 07:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default What's up new member here

Well just got me a 97 civic ex d16y8 and there's a few problems with it I'm looking for help with.
1 my temp gauge doesn't work and the pig tail is missing to the sender. What is the wire color for it?
2 my vtec solenoid is unhooked and am trying to locate the other end of the harness wire I'm looking for a green yellow wire on the main harness correct?
I'll take pictures of it. The p.o. really rigged the harness on this thing and I'm at a loss with wiring so I'll need some help from everyone if you're willing.
Kylel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2019, 02:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default What all needs to be done

Well just got me a 97 civic ex d16y8 and there's a few problems with it I'm looking for help with.
1 my temp gauge doesn't work and the pig tail is missing to the sender. What is the wire color for it?
2 my vtec solenoid is unhooked and am trying to locate the other end of the harness wire I'm looking for a green yellow wire on the main harness correct?
3 my vss is jumping all over the place could faulty wire be to blame there too?
4 can someone show me where the temp sending unit is on theirs my temp gauge doesn't work either. Theres a wire down bottom that yellow with a green stripe that would be for the temp gauge am I right?

I'll take pictures of it. The p.o. really rigged the harness on this thing and I'm at a loss with wiring so I'll need some help from everyone if you're willing.
Is there any way someone can hook me up with a color wiring diagram or point me to one ?
I'll probably pick up some new pig tails and solder and shrink wrap it all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190324_113015_1553510893502.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	613.1 KB
ID:	125749   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190324_113023_1553510947145.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	540.1 KB
ID:	125753  
Kylel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2019, 03:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Is your car a 5spd manual?

here:
https://www.hondapartsstore.com/oem-...BlZWQtbWFudWFs

FUCK messing with a hacked harness

I would call and make sure that is the actual engine harness though, as it says it fits ex/lx/dx etc... which is of courwse not true IF it is actually the correct harness

found correct one. goddammit, discontinued.
https://www.hondapartsstore.com/oem-...1hbnVhbA%3D%3D

If you are 5speed manual, are you interested in a custom engine harness that already has the OBD1 ecu plugs integrated? Will need an OBD1 ecu that is chipped and ready to run a Y8

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

Last edited by slo_eg8; 03-25-2019 at 07:40 AM.
mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in