help with dpfi/mpfi conversion - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2018, 07:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default help with dpfi/mpfi conversion

I have the dual point fuel injection. looking to go straight to a chipped p06 with a dual cam zc. can someone guide me?

-get chipped p06... install d series n/a basemap

-get ecu conversion harness

-get dpfi to mpfi plug and play harness (need link for that)

-get td43u distributer

-wire in resistor box?? not sure about this step...

-new injectors?? or will regular obd0 zc ones work??

thanks!!

matt
yamaha6611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2018, 12:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Have you read any conversion guides? Seems like your resistor box and injector questions would more than likely be covered. Also there is no link for a conversion harness, unless you are looking for a particular member, who you can find on instagram.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2018, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

thanks for the info, no I haven't looked at those write ups. I think pgmfi has one? the conversion harness... if im wrong or should be getting it from someone else pm me plese!!

oh, where will I find these conversion guides??
yamaha6611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 02:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

okay guys, im still working on this, i really need some help.

IM JUST TRYING TO GET DPFI TO MPFI , OBD0 right now

i have:

a set of 4 injectors from a 91 hatch

a dohc zc manifold

a P06 ECU

all the wires/clips for the injectors

resistor box

so should i just go ahead and start wiring the injectors into the ECU? the resistor box stays until i go obd1, right?
yamaha66111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2018, 02:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha66111 View Post
okay guys, im still working on this, i really need some help.

IM JUST TRYING TO GET DPFI TO MPFI , OBD0 right now

i have:

a set of 4 injectors from a 91 hatch

a dohc zc manifold

a P06 ECU

all the wires/clips for the injectors

resistor box

so should i just go ahead and start wiring the injectors into the ECU? the resistor box stays until i go obd1, right?

and, my harness i got is from a 91, so i have red wires from the injectors for some reason. where does this yellow/black wire go?! just to power? any power??
Old 06-19-2018, 02:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

a doch zc intake manifold will not bolt up.

Use a d16a6 intake manifold from a crx si or civic ex/si

There are a few good dpfi to mpfi guides on this website and on other honda sites.

For best searching on here, try using google and using the website filter. I forget how to set it.

Then it will search all of d series.org

another tip is to use the internet archive websites and look at snapshots from around 2005-2010 timeline. This conversion was quite a bit more popular then, due to 4th gen civics being much more common

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2018, 03:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

i have been online since 8 am, im going crazy. i cant find S***. i have the 4 wires going to the resistor. theres an extra wire that goes to 12V, i believe i can get that power from 2 wires ill cut off the dpfi harness. the other 4 get pinned into the ecu...

but where does this A15 random wire go? why?

im so lost.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

i figured it out. the one write up was for obd0 injectors, the other was for 0bd1 injectors, which pin the power to the injectors differently, and showed conflicting information. case closed.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

The best way going forward is to take a breather. Wiring is a fairly simple task, but can get very frustrating if you lose track.

I am terrible at wiring. So I cheat. I grab a notebook, I make 2 columns, label the left original or dpfi, and the right mpfi or new.

Then I mark down wire colors and what they represent. Its much easier if you break it down as power, ground, and signal.

Leave room for additional notes in each spot.

If you are using OBD1 injectors and obd1 ecu, you do NOT need a resistor box. If you ARE using OBD0 injectors and obd0 ecu from crx si or civic ex/si, each injector needs that 12-16ohms of resistance.

Use a resistor box off another MPFI car, or use wire adapters for OBD1 injectors if needed. Im not sure the dpfi resistor box will support 4 injectors. Im not sure in teh slightest.

For power, I suggest using an Ignition source that remains hot during engine starting. This is why you may have seen or read about true 12volt and switched 12volt (ignition).

Do note, the guides online go through every detail pretty well.

I typed into google "dpfi to mpfi detailed diy" and I got a halfway decent youtube video, and SEVERAL guides.

What is important about using MORE THAN ONE GUIDE is that you get different angles, you see different ways people overcame an issue or road block, and build a very nice set of information.

That is why I am refraining from directly linking one guide. It doesnt always tell 100% of the story, or make a visual of it.

Because I personally am so terrible at getting wiring done, I usually make myself get 2-4 videos and 2-3 write ups. Generally what one person in teh guide forgets or glasses over, the others cover and you build a good data set.

Build what you have!

Old 06-19-2018, 04:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha66111 View Post
i figured it out. the one write up was for obd0 injectors, the other was for 0bd1 injectors, which pin the power to the injectors differently, and showed conflicting information. case closed.
cool beans.

I saw your previous post, started writing it, and left my computer for several minutes lol.

Keep on trucking!

Build what you have!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in