Retuning eagle/vitae's setup after shaving head - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2017, 07:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Retuning eagle/vitae's setup after shaving head

Hey guys i just replaced a blown head gasket on my car and had the head shaved 70 thousandths to boost compression ratio because I have standard length rods with vitaras and I need some help retuning my timing. Before the headgaset blew I was at peak timing of 16 degrees at 22PSI with 7.5/1 CR and now my CR is about an 8.5/1 and my car is very doggy, I originally couldn't get my base timing set right because my distributor was maxed out at about 10* so I turned my cam 1 tooth counter clockwise to get base timing back to 16. Now I need some opinions on where to go next and what my peak timing should be
The Low Sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2017, 07:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm going to end up getting an adjustable cam gear so I can set timing correctly and have my mechanical timing where it's supposed to be but should I just set timing in on data to 10* with my mechanical timing correct and just let the ecu adjust from there?
Old 09-21-2017, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

16 degrees at 22psi is alot, i was at 8* at 20psi with the fjt extended rods and ycp vitaras 9:1 comp.

what do you mean by let the ecu adjust from there? are you running an fmu and apexi?
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 07:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cervan View Post
16 degrees at 22psi is alot, i was at 8* at 20psi with the fjt extended rods and ycp vitaras 9:1 comp.

what do you mean by let the ecu adjust from there? are you running an fmu and apexi?
I have s300, what I meant by letting the computer compinsate from there was from base timing, I turned my cam back to factory timing marks and my distributor maxes out at 8* and won't allow me to go to 16 so i'm picking up a skunk 2 gear tomorrow. I set my base timing in the computer at 8* to correspond with how my distributor is maxed out and with electronic advance my cars idling at 18* but my ecu is showing 23* so it's out of sync by 5* now at 22PSI my timing is up at either 15-16 (I'll double check in the morning) so actual motor timing would be roughly 10-11 I believe? So is my timing being at that going to be safer for the car or worse? I had thought I did a conservative tune but it's been over two years and 30K miles since I tuned it and i'm a little bit rusty. Thanks for the response.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in