Want to start tune - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2017, 07:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Want to start tune

Hey guys,
i have civic 96 with crome
i want to start tune P28
i have Chipped ecu
im looking for some equpment

what kind of data log and burner i need to take?
i saw all in one and every thing alone
what i need except from Datalog and burner?
Thanks! have a good day.
Jeka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2017, 03:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 evotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enough

I use moates gear I had left over from tuning domestics, lots of other people don't. Probably get more forum help using whatever the community supports.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

All depends on what you wanna do and how much your trying to spend.

You can get a chio burner and hug data logger.
You can get an ostrich 2 and datalogger.
The data logger can be a nokia dku5 cable or the ostrich hug.
You can also use a demon board which is bluetooth. But if you go that route might as well get neptune

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 04:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
All depends on what you wanna do and how much your trying to spend.

You can get a chio burner and hug data logger.
You can get an ostrich 2 and datalogger.
The data logger can be a nokia dku5 cable or the ostrich hug.
You can also use a demon board which is bluetooth. But if you go that route might as well get neptune
Hey,
The bluetooth data log is suck not real live tune... hate this
im looking for really good equipment
what is the best? all in one
or ostrich 2 and datalogger?
or its some thing better then this for p28?(chrome/hondata/neptune)
Old 06-28-2017, 04:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

You want all in one? My vote would be the demon/Neptune combo
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2017, 06:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 spAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like Borat

Demon/NepTune or s300 is the minimum anymore really.

IMO, you can spend time tuning or you can spend time screwing around with cobbled together equipment and unsupported free software. Your choice.
spAdam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2017, 06:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Netpune is the best. Has everything build in. Hooknup a usb cable or get the bluetooth adapter

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2017, 01:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for help guys!
where you reccomend to buy this all?
Old 06-29-2017, 10:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Lots of site sponsors sell that stuff.

Chris Harris at xenocron has a great rep, I personally enjoy dealing with him, very quick reply when any issues arise
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2017, 11:27 AM   #10 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Hands down the most important piece is a det can and knowing what detonation sound like.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2017, 08:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 spAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like Borat

And a proper wideband/lambda sensor, of course
spAdam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2017, 08:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 evotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enoughevotec1 will become famous soon enough

I've never used a det can, and am no pro. Googling now.... all my exp is n/a and there will be boost someday and as stated I'm no pro
Old 07-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Try to find some audio clips of what detonation sounds like on Youtube, then go out and do some driving with a known good map, listen to the engine, how smooth it is, how predictable the noise is as you increase load and RPM... then introduce some changes to make the map more aggressive, soon you will hear a weird noise, a tick or click or tingle or rattle, and be like, "weird, it never made that noise before when I was doing pulls" and thats when the light bulb turns on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in