DIY electronic det can build - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2017, 03:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 4 cityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the Dcityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default DIY electronic det can build

Detcan I made

All of the parts were ordered from Jaycar. Kind of sucks the shipping cost more than the parts. The only parts that arent on there are a piezo and the 1/4 in headphone jack which I already had from building guitars. All together under $40 to build and pretty easy as long as you can solder.
part list

All of the parts laid out

Everything soldered to the board. The kit comes with instructions. The only two changes are soldering a jumper instead of the 1k resistor and soldering a POT instead of VR1.

Soldering the piezo

Drill some holes in the box and attach the components. I used hot glue for the circuit board and battery holder

I haven't had a chance to use it on an engine yet but it will defiantly work. I still need to decide if I want to use a battery clip or a eye clip to attach it to the engine.
I will most likely use an aux cord and run it through audacity on my laptop that way I can record it. I'll use my phone to dictate also.

If anyone has any questions feel free to message me
cityofcaterpillars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2017, 09:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I've used something similar. The plan was to have something that can fit under the helmet while at the track.

Unfortunately it didnt work very well at all. I immediately went back to a standard stethoscope and hose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2017, 10:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 4 cityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the Dcityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the D

This thing works perfect. I haven't used it for tunning yet but I attached it to the engine and you can hear everything. You can't even hear the injectors firing if you put it near them. It's pretty neat

Old 05-07-2017, 09:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

What you are hearing when you put the thing near injectors is EMI generated by the coils fields collapsing.

But good luck with it. Engines can be rebuilt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2017, 08:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

any tries at tuning while using it?
Hantke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2017, 05:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

no not yet. I'm still working out some vacuum leaks and I just put in a new MAP sensor.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

well, let us know when you do! I'm interested to see what changes you might make!
Hantke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in