need opinions on what to do with my engine management - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2017, 07:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 4 cityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the Dcityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default need opinions on what to do with my engine management

So I started out with Ostrich and Hulog tuning with Crome Pro. *Which worked well. *Then a "friend" *sold me his ecu with what he said was Hondata v2. *Turns out it's a version 1. *First the Ecu was bad so I had to get a new ecu, modify it for manual and chip it for vtec and Hondata. *Installed it and it worked for a few weeks but now Hondata wont take any changes to the fuel map and randomly disconnects while data logging. *So I'm pretty sure the battery on it is going bad.

So Im at a crossroads with what to do. *Do I send out the Hondata and upgrade to ver. 3 for $380. *Go back to the Moates setup with Crome? *I'm conflicted because if I do the upgrade I will have spent well over what buying a new Ver 3 chip would've cost.

This will be going on a boosted and built d16z6. *

So what would you guys do in this situation. *This is basically the last thing that needs figured out before I can swap my engine and install the turbo so it's really frustrating.
cityofcaterpillars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2017, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

I would just get crome gold and call it a day... You have everything already... Grab a wideband and egt sensor and go tuning...
I used both.. I think they're very similar except crome gold with work with just a socket and the little stuff you have to do to the ecu.. Like jump j12 and put in resistors.. You should know you used crome...
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2017, 03:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 3 Jfab is learning the way of the DJfab is learning the way of the D

Neptune RTP all day! I used chrome for a while and once I made the switch to neptune, I havent went back. I used it in my drag car, daily, my brother uses it. Very user friendly program!
Jfab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 06:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

I don't mind, they all worked for me. Whatever the customer had I tuned it with what they had.. I liked the neptune 2 step on the fly option... He is already set up with crome... His best bet it's just continue using it... He would spend too much money switching and jest not worth it when he can get the same stuff done with any program... Pretty simple set up...
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2017, 06:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Very well put. If you are going to keep your setup simple and have the stuff for crome. Use that. If you dont mind spending the extra money for some more features and plan on upgrading your setup, I would go with neptune.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 4 cityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the Dcityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the D

well I sold the Moates setup so Crome is out. I'm debating neptune Now. The cost of the board and license is only about $20 more than the Hondata upgrade.

So for those of you that have used both. Is chipping the ECU the same for Hondata and Neptune. Like can I use the same ecu that I have Hondata in now for the Neptune board? IE not having to change out the header pins. They look to be about the same.

Also. am I correct in saying that you cannot use crome with the Demon board? I remember reading that there was some sort of license conflict.

Because I would def. go with the Demon board using Crome Pro for now and get the Neptune software down the line. That would def be easier and more convenient as this is my daily and I don't have another ECU to use if I sent the Hondata out for upgrade
Old 02-15-2017, 08:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....
Send a message via Skype™ to evo_lucian

I say ditch them both and go with a $250 Standalone. http://www.speeduino.com
Old 02-15-2017, 09:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo_lucian View Post
I say ditch them both and go with a $250 Standalone. http://www.speeduino.com
I would love to do that. I've done alot of research into that and it looks awesome. As this is for my Daily that's a little involved for right now
Old 02-15-2017, 04:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Chip it with crome and be done. Looks like that is the cheapest easiest way out for you right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in