2-step RPM Varies - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2016, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

keel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 2-step RPM Varies

Configuration:

P28 ECU with Moates Demon II
Tuning with Neptune RTP
D16Y8 Distributor

2-step RPM at 3750 RPM
Engages if speed is <5 MPH and TPS is >15%
Anti-lag engages if TPS is >15%

Problem:

The actual 2-step RPM isn't always the target RPM. Sometimes it stops at 5500. Sometimes 4100. Sometimes any other RPM that isn't the target and yes sometimes it will achieve the target RPM. The RPM on my tachometer does match what Neptune is reading. 2-step always engages but doesn't always engage at the target RPM. What should I be troubleshooting? I'm thinking perhaps something within the distributor. Thanks for the help.

My website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
keel_hauled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2016, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Ask Dave B. if a Moates going bad would cause this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2016, 06:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

keel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the sky

Alright. That's a bummer if that's the case.

My website:

Old 12-08-2016, 06:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 3 Projekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropes

i want anti-lag lol my 2-step only builds 2 psi,

did you change the values of launch?
Projekt2nr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2016, 02:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 10 HRTuning is starting to learn the ropesHRTuning is starting to learn the ropesHRTuning is starting to learn the ropesHRTuning is starting to learn the ropesHRTuning is starting to learn the ropesHRTuning is starting to learn the ropes

You have it set to basic 2-step? Email a log and calibration in.
HRTuning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2016, 05:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

Problem solved.

I actually figured it out by accident. I decided to change the rev limiter strategy to cut spark instead of fuel because with a fuel cut, the rev limiter was very abrupt and bouncy. Unfortunately I don't have the best of tires so spinning the tires and smashing the rev limiter in first and second gears is kind of required in order to build vehicle speed for the next gear change.

Now that I have a spark cut for the rev limiter I when into my 2-step/anti-lag settings and went back to work on them and quickly discovered that the target RPM is consistently reached, is very smooth, and the anti-lag feature is working quite well. Previously I didn't make the connection the the rev limiter's fuel cut would also effect anti-lag, and now that I don't have a fuel cut for the rev limiter, adding fuel in anti-lag actually produces a result, albeit a very loud result.

So there was my problem. The rev limiter strategy was using a fuel cut which, in this application, didn't work so well for 2-step and negated any fuel I added in anti-lag.

My website:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in