Y7/Z6 woes - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2016, 12:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Y7/Z6 woes

Alright guys, need some help. Have a 2000 Honda Civic lx. I have performed the auto to manual swap 2 years ago. About 2 months ago car began to over heat. Wife was driving it and she got it really hot (warped the head) I got a good z6 head for cheap. So I installed
Z6 head
Y8 head gasket
New water pump
Gates 104 tooth z6 timing belt
Gutted z6 dizzy and put y7 innards in it
The one z6 head bolt
Vtec solenoid
240cc injectors
Now everything was running great before the over heat. I did the 3 to 2 wire iacv conversion along with a chipped p75 ecu and obd2b to obd1 conversion harness. Now I have the availability for vtec, I ran wires to harness, and to ground.
Here is my problem, with vtec Ecu's only (2) different ones, they cause my car to idle like crap, run rich, and stall. One is with a basemap, the other a stock p28. If I put the old map in I had before (no vtec) it runs great. Really need some help guys.
Ken88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2016, 01:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken88 View Post
Here is my problem, with vtec Ecu's only (2) different ones, they cause my car to idle like crap, run rich, and stall. One is with a basemap, the other a stock p28. If I put the old map in I had before (no vtec) it runs great. Really need some help guys.
what if you use your old map and enable vtec ....
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2016, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

How would I do that. I have an ecu that I purchased 2 years ago with a base map/chip that's ran great. I soldered connection to make it vtec, and put a vtec mapped chip in it and it ran like crap...couldn't even drive it. Took chip out and put in original, and it ran perfect. Put a stock p28 in, and it ran like crap.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Could it be that the signal to the vtec solenoid is somehow corrupted? Alternatively, there seems to be an issue when the vtec is enabled, as if the cams aren't operating correctly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2016, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Well I think if the vtec solenoid or its signal were messed up, I'd be getting a cel, yes? (I fixed the original cel) I am under the impression I have everything I need for this engine to run a vtec ecu, but when I plug a stock p28 in (car is not heavily modified) it will run for around a minute with a smooth idle around 700 then randomly stall with no indication why. Non vtec ecu runs with absolutely no problems. Need some Honda geniuses up in here.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

could be a shitty ecu.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2016, 04:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

I agree but, on 2 different ecu's? And one runs fine without the vtec map/chip running in it.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

could also be the jumper harness. how does it run on a p2e?
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

How did you wire vtec?

There could be something wrong with the jumper.

Check valve lash

If I remember right there's a restricter in the block that needs to come out to run a vtec head on non vtec block. Did you take this out?

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4

Last edited by 2jzdreamin; 10-25-2016 at 04:47 PM.
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2016, 05:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Have not tried a p2e. But everything else with the harness works?

Vtec was wired - black to ground, blue/black to D6, and yellow/green to a4.

Block did not have restriction

Except for the p2e ecu, wouldn't the other things just prevent vtec, and not cause it to stall? Really curious how far in depth vtec map and sensors are involved with normal operation
Old 10-25-2016, 05:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

are you sure timing is correct?
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Mechanical timing is good (as long as I wasn't suppose to retard or advance the cam while using a p2 ignition timing seems good. Still learning using a timing gun, but again the ecu I have currently running is good. The car runs great, just not with a vtec map equipped ecu.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Could be Ecu is bad or the map.

Have you tried to unplug vtec and tried the p28 Ecu? Just for shits and giggles.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2016, 06:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 Omega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

*slo edit* keep it to the proper forums or pm's.

May be the VE enrichment table.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 10-25-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Omega Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2016, 06:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Yeah, I unplugged the pressure switch and it threw a cel. Plugged it back in and cel went away. Could be the ecu. I guess I will run further tests. Might take you up on the offer.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken88 View Post
Well I think if the vtec solenoid or its signal were messed up, I'd be getting a cel, yes? (I fixed the original cel) I am under the impression I have everything I need for this engine to run a vtec ecu, but when I plug a stock p28 in (car is not heavily modified) it will run for around a minute with a smooth idle around 700 then randomly stall with no indication why. Non vtec ecu runs with absolutely no problems. Need some Honda geniuses up in here.
does the car have a working o2 sensor?

maybe the p75 chipped ecu runs only in open loop ?
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in