Crome Basemap (Advise required) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2016, 07:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Crome Basemap (Advise required)

(Also posted at H-T)
Hello,
I'm trying to learn a little bit about tuning with crome... specially for basemaps. I'm working on a basemap for my car since I'm in Baja and there are no tuners nearby. I think that the closest one is at San Diego.

ECU: P28 (chipped obviously)
D16Y7 (Oem internals)
240cc injectors (Probably going to buy a set of 440cc)
Stock FPR
Walbro fuel pump
Emusa (cheap) T3/T4 .50 Trim turbo
The wastegate is "set" to 8 psi

I've been playing a little bit with crome and I came up with this basemap, I will order an AEM wideband next week but meanwhile I'd like to know if this would be safe for driving/cruising some time.
I already have the chips and the burn2 burner and freelog (useless as for now).

I don't really wanna buy a bin, if I have everything to do it myself it wouldnt hurt me if I learn how to do it, that's why I came here for advise.
Regards!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	highcamfuel_ef81c57f0cdb5039272f7dda3046f0683ac787ec.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	113874   Click image for larger version

Name:	highcamign_324682b00a24aaa783b510f03e2e9f4f696448e1.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	113882   Click image for larger version

Name:	ignfueltab_6056d2a12a1b70a8f032c03e8804536412fbff1b.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	113890   Click image for larger version

Name:	injdutycyc_2f81d7c4be0de1e806b56ae4fdae7368671d1d10.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	113898   Click image for larger version

Name:	lowcamfuel_c6fedda0e044cc65afebd825d1bc293adedc3a32.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	113906  

herzeleid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2016, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Just NO!

get some injectors, follow the how to on making base map.
retard timing est 1 deg per lb of boost
the tune the air fuel ratio

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2016, 08:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

zup bro.
I said probably... but I know it's a must. I just don't know if I will get a set of 440 or 550cc injectors. But I'll get them definitely.

Thx for the tip on the timing.
herzeleid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

i ran 12lbs on a stock set of 240's and a stock civic fuel pump for about a year beating on a stock z6 with a china t3/t4. Only reason it finally went was because i turned the boost up to 16psi and it melted a hole in the top of one of the pistons and all of the rods were slightly bent. Probably due to the fuel pump being too small rather than the injectors (not that they helped).

I wouldnt be scared so much of the injector size as long as you know if your detonating or not. however if you really need to keep this vehicle running, i would suggest not doing wot pulls until you get the WBO2.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2016, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I've boosted on 240ccs.. ~210whp 10.5PSI

And Hell, I've pulled 2 degrees per pound and had good results.
1 per pound is sometimes still too much. And that's being completely ignorant to your fueling.

Y'all "experts" need to quit over reacting and freaking out about shit that works, because you heard it didn't.

Get some experience first, ya damn Honda Kids. That's what Hondas are for... So you dont blow up a skyline.

That 2D maps looks a lot better than the crap in the Neptune Thread

Last edited by TheToaster; 10-16-2016 at 04:57 PM.
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2016, 02:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 3 Projekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropesProjekt2nr is starting to learn the ropes

id say go with it, pick up tunerstudio after you get a wideband.

you can usually find a pre-made bin in the wiki links of pgmfi.org heres the library link PGMFI.ORG - Grassroots ECU Development - Library . WebHome

and heres the link to premade bin. files repository
PGMFI.ORG - Grassroots ECU Development - Library . EcuDefinitionCodes
Projekt2nr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2016, 07:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

avoid boosting with the 240cc injectors unless you can crank the fuel pressure up 5-10 psi.

make sure the pump sock is new, filter is newer, and you are using good quality fuel.

you are pretty much safely limited to around 150-160whp.

anything beyond is too close to the edge for me. 20 year old injectors will not handle 90-100% duty cycle for very long.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2016, 04:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....
Send a message via Skype™ to evo_lucian

Looks like it may run out of fuel in the higher rpm on 8 psi. For what it's worth, I run my stock 190cc injectors on 2-3 psi of boost from a td04 13t turbo on my stock d15 for months without issue. The duty cycle was around 90-95 % as far as I remember.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToaster View Post
I've boosted on 240ccs.. ~210whp 10.5PSI

And Hell, I've pulled 2 degrees per pound and had good results.
1 per pound is sometimes still too much. And that's being completely ignorant to your fueling.

Y'all "experts" need to quit over reacting and freaking out about shit that works, because you heard it didn't.

Get some experience first, ya damn Honda Kids. That's what Hondas are for... So you dont blow up a skyline.

That 2D maps looks a lot better than the crap in the Neptune Thread
unless you cranked the base pressure or were running near 14.7:1 at full load, or the dyno had absurd correction factors (possible), you just didn't.

a 240cc injector at stock fuel pressure physically can't flow enough fuel for that power

Code:
RETURN FUEL SYSTEM, 43.5PSI		Max DC	100	Target lambda	0.85	12.495	8.296		MAX POWER (gas)	MAX POWER (e85)
injector	per inj, lbs	all 4	to lbs/min, limit d/c	max comp flow	max comp flow e85		
stock 240cc	22.85714286	91.42	1.524	lbs/min	19lbs/air  12.6	lbs/air 	             195.7	              132.3
I wrote a spreadsheet to calc this stuff out awhile back - at 100% duty cycle, 12.5:1 (which is too lean imo), using the relatively generous assumption that 1lb/min of air = 10.3 crank hp, you can only make 195chp from the stock injectors

which meshes really nicely with all the anecdotes of "stock injectors are good till ~160whp" we've all heard for the past 10 years
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2016, 01:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

order ,receive ,and install a wideband before you start to "I'm trying to learn a little bit about tuning with crome... specially for basemaps."

Quote:
Originally Posted by herzeleid View Post
(Also posted at H-T)
Hello,
I'm trying to learn a little bit about tuning with crome... specially for basemaps. I'm working on a basemap for my car since I'm in Baja and there are no tuners nearby. I think that the closest one is at San Diego.

ECU: P28 (chipped obviously)
D16Y7 (Oem internals)
Stock FPR
Walbro fuel pump
Emusa (cheap) T3/T4 .50 Trim turbo
The wastegate is "set" to 8 psi

I've been playing a little bit with crome and I came up with this basemap, I will order an AEM wideband next week but meanwhile I'd like to know if this would be safe for driving/cruising some time.
I already have the chips and the burn2 burner and freelog (useless as for now).

I don't really wanna buy a bin, if I have everything to do it myself it wouldnt hurt me if I learn how to do it, that's why I came here for advise.
Regards!
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2016, 03:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Even smarter, grab a wideband that has a narrowband emulator built in

your ecu is happy to see the sensor, you are happy to have a wideband that outputs to a gauge.

FANTASTIC way to see how the stock ecu is treating the motor.

you will learn what honda did to keep these motors so reliable in the tune. Realize where the fuel is rich, where its lean, and learn how it reacts to coolant and air temperature feedback.

The good ol wideband/narrowband twin setup is the number one best way to enter the world of tuning.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2018, 07:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 7 StuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
Even smarter, grab a wideband that has a narrowband emulator built in

your ecu is happy to see the sensor, you are happy to have a wideband that outputs to a gauge.

FANTASTIC way to see how the stock ecu is treating the motor.

you will learn what honda did to keep these motors so reliable in the tune. Realize where the fuel is rich, where its lean, and learn how it reacts to coolant and air temperature feedback.

The good ol wideband/narrowband twin setup is the number one best way to enter the world of tuning.
That's what I'm doing but I keep getting that stupid er2 code. Good info tho. Any updates?
StuckInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2018, 10:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Typical codes are either a bad sensor or you need to re calibrate the sensor.

I only get about 2 months of use out of my wide band sensors. Best to stock up on them. only about $50.00 online.

I recalibrate my sensor before i hit hard pulls everytime, and when on track ive burned out sensors in a weekend.

try to remove the sensor and clean it. It has helped me in the past.

What type of wideband do you use so i can find your error code.

I use innovate mtxl 3918 wideband with a bosch lsu sensor
ZBKC420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in