Critique My Maps Please (Neptune RTP) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2016, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 Omega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Critique My Maps Please (Neptune RTP)

Long story short:
I got dyno tuned on Neptune, everything seemed great on the dyno.
Car comes off of dyno, I take the car for a test drive, Car wont rev past 4K (ECU or Neptune related?).
I tell the tuner, he says this is like the 5th car tuned on Neptune that has done this.
The tuner adjusted some fuel and ign maps. It fixed the 4k rev limit problem.
I drive the car home, pull the plugs and they're hella rich/fouled.
Very bad gas mileage and I can smell fuel from the exhaust.
SOHC NonVtec ZC, I/H/E/Skunk2 Manifold, Delta272, Milled .040

Last edited by Omega Blaze; 10-10-2016 at 01:40 PM.
Omega Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2016, 11:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Hummm. That like no information at all.

So my jet isnt low on fuel and i put fuel in it but its still not starting whats wrong with it???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2016, 11:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 Omega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regularOmega Blaze is obviously a regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
Hummm. That like no information at all.

So my jet isnt low on fuel and i put fuel in it but its still not starting whats wrong with it???
What information is pertinent to getting my question answered?

Old 10-08-2016, 11:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

When you say "dyno tuned", was the dyno a dynojet?
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2016, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
When you say "dyno tuned", was the dyno a dynojet?
Dynocom.
Old 10-08-2016, 02:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Can you put up the side by side 2d graph with it?
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2016, 02:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide View Post
Can you put up the side by side 2d graph with it?
Sure. How would I go about doing it? (Still a noob. Sorrry).

Edit: Done.

Last edited by Omega Blaze; 10-08-2016 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Did you not switch plugs throughout the dyno session?
Old 10-08-2016, 04:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Did you not switch plugs throughout the dyno session?
No. I didn't.

I was unaware you should. Nor did the tuner inform me. First dyno tune.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

It probably has something to do with your VSS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2016, 05:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
It probably has something to do with your VSS.
He said that or either it was the neptune/ecu.

However, I just got a new one last year.

See anything wrong with my tune?
Old 10-09-2016, 01:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

do a driving log and upload that and the tune that would help more than pictures. however not revving over 4k and fouled plugs sounds like the ecu is in limp mode, full rich and 4k rev limit. do you have a solid CEL?
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2016, 04:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 STRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

obd1 ecu ? was the car originally obd0 ? if so im gonna say its the jumpers. had the same exact problem. ended up being cheap jumpers, bought some rywires and the car never did that agian, tuned 100%.

stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2016, 05:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Farmer D might be right. You should be able to check the voltage in real-time with the parameters window. Or just use a multimeter.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

You probably have a 2 step set at 4000rpm, and your VSS isnt working correctly. Betcha. Seen it SOOO many times tuning cars.
Quote:
Old 10-09-2016, 08:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cervan View Post
do a driving log and upload that and the tune that would help more than pictures. however not revving over 4k and fouled plugs sounds like the ecu is in limp mode, full rich and 4k rev limit. do you have a solid CEL?
I'll try doing a log. But the 4k rev limit was fixed by him adjusting some fuel and ignition numbers in the maps as stated in the OP. The only thing it's doing now is fouling the plugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATTON View Post
obd1 ecu ? was the car originally obd0 ? if so im gonna say its the jumpers. had the same exact problem. ended up being cheap jumpers, bought some rywires and the car never did that agian, tuned 100%.

stratton.

Car has always been obd1.

Quote:
Farmer D might be right. You should be able to check the voltage in real-time with the parameters window. Or just use a multimeter.
The 4k rev limit was fixed by him adjusting some fuel and ignition numbers in the maps as stated in the OP. The only thing it's doing now is fouling the plugs. Do you see anything wrong with the graphs tune wise Big J?
Old 10-09-2016, 08:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

The last three load columns on the low cam fuel map look terrible to me.

Upload your ROM here, and we can get a better idea of how things are setup.

I highly doubt it is anything to do with Neptune itself.

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2016, 08:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
Classic Man

If you have a problem with the tune dont post it up on the internet and ask people for their opinion, all these people here really have no idea what was going on with the car while the tuner was trying to tune it. And really, the people that offer up their opinion on here really dont have any clue. 99% of the people posting opinions on the internet are not qualified to do so.

Take it back to the tuner if you arent happy. Its pretty simple.

I deal with "difficult" situations like this all the time. Just trust your tuner and give him the chance to make it right if its not running good.
Quote:
Old 10-09-2016, 09:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by snm95ls View Post
The last three load columns on the low cam fuel map look terrible to me.

Upload your ROM here, and we can get a better idea of how things are setup.

I highly doubt it is anything to do with Neptune itself.
Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4_...ew?usp=sharing
Old 10-09-2016, 09:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
Classic Man

Lol see now you think that the tune is bad because some random guy on the internet told you what you wanted to hear. Sigh.
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in