setting timing d15b7 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2016, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default setting timing d15b7

i recently changed my water pump and am having trouble with timing... my timing is way too advanced... its like 2 inches away from 16+-2 BTDC. i checked with timing light today after resetting the crank and cam and putting back on the belt...

i did follow the procedure of manual... its so weird cause everything seems fine when i turn the crank so the pointer is at tdc, the camshaft is also at tdc... but when i run the engine and check with the timing light, it is so advanced that even when i turn the distributor to the max advance timing position it is still so advanced 2 inches away from the 3 marks....

but why the hell when i stop the engine and position the crankshaft to tdc mark then the camshaft ligns up perfectly with it... but when i run the engine it ignites way off... here are some pics of the crankshaft position which seems to be synched with camshaft when engine is not running. whats going on ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14102508_825392287596828_2465722700250329101_n.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	112777   Click image for larger version

Name:	14212115_825392454263478_7183053545375666188_n.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	112785  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

93 civic cx cdm (eh2)
eh2d15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2016, 03:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

How did you remove slack from the timing belt?

Did you jump the service harness when setting the timing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2016, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

hi i removed slack by unbolting the adjusting bolt pulley and then i apply some force to make sure all the slack is gone... also i did use a short in the 2p service connector

by the way do you know what order is it for installing belt? manual says 1-oil pump, 2 adjust pulley, 3 water pump, 4 camshaft

but that doesnt make sense because all the slack will get to between cam and crank. i will do it again tomorrow

but i dont get why when the engine is off cam and crank line up (not perfectly but the marker on the crank puley is between 16 btdc and tdc. however when running timing light shows it is wayyyyyy off at least 2 inches before 16 btdc... and the belt seems ok like no slack or anything

93 civic cx cdm (eh2)

Old 08-31-2016, 04:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

To remove slack you turn the motor over by hand 6-9 times, counter clockwise, and dont put force on the idler pulley, its not how it is designed.

When you set the crank pulley, set it off a bit so when the slack is removed it is dead on balls, being off .5 - 1 tooth down bellow is significant up top at the cam, or even at the harmonic balancer where it can show up as 2 or 3 degrees off, or more.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2016, 04:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Well if you have everything lined up properly and the exaust side of the belt is even a bit snug you cant be off. You can only be off by a whole teeth if you have somthing miss alined when putting the belt on. The center to center of the teeth on the belt arnt going to change.

And yes you do have to roll the motor over a few times before tightening the tensioner. I left my car in 5th gear with pugs out and pushed it to turn the motor in the past

Last edited by Evanguy; 08-31-2016 at 05:22 PM.
Evanguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2016, 04:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

ok guys i got it right now... thanks for helping me

93 civic cx cdm (eh2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in