ostrich windows error - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2016, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 4 cityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the Dcityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default ostrich windows error

Im trying to install Ostrich 1.0 on a windows 10 laptop and I keep getting the error

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

How can I fix this?

Old 08-20-2016, 05:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....

Did you look at this?
Old 08-20-2016, 06:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 4 cityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the Dcityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the D

yep already did that. It will load the driver but still says the device is malfunctioning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen 1.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	112449   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen 2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	112457   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen 3.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	112465   Click image for larger version

Name:	moates board.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	581.8 KB
ID:	112473  
cityofcaterpillars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 07:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

find the device manager, find the ostrich, right click, head to properties, and look at the results there. does it say any information, such as hardware ID in drop down, or device name, etc..?

if not, it is not installed correctly or being "seen" correctly

an option is to do a virtual install of windows xp or windows 7, and go that route for connectivity.

I personally am staying away from windows 10 until they have it VERY stable across the board

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2016, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
find the device manager, find the ostrich, right click, head to properties, and look at the results there. does it say any information, such as hardware ID in drop down, or device name, etc..?

if not, it is not installed correctly or being "seen" correctly

an option is to do a virtual install of windows xp or windows 7, and go that route for connectivity.

I personally am staying away from windows 10 until they have it VERY stable across the board
It displays as USB Serial Converter

Hardware Id's - USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE

I'm lost I tried almost all of the drivers from Moates and nothing is working.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

if the hardware id shows that, it cannot properly see the device.

it is a possibility the ostrich is not in 100% working order.

I am NOT SAYING ITS SHIT. but you should power up the ostrich and check voltages and such. Is the ostrich modified at all? that battery pack does not look normal

Build what you have!

Old 08-20-2016, 07:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
if the hardware id shows that, it cannot properly see the device.

it is a possibility the ostrich is not in 100% working order.

I am NOT SAYING ITS SHIT. but you should power up the ostrich and check voltages and such. Is the ostrich modified at all? that battery pack does not look normal
I don't know anything about it as I bought it second hand. I thought the battery was supposed to be a disk style battery not triple A's

How would I go about powering it and checking the voltages.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Just open the case and check the battery voltage. Should be over 2v if it's the same battery as the 2.0

Email moates support and ask. Those guys are great, some of the best customer service I've ever experienced

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2016, 08:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

^^ yes, Ive read plenty of happy customer service stories on this forum from moates guys.

I have minimal personal experience using an ostrich, and never for my own car.

But that is what I was referring to. checking the battery voltage, and checking to see if it is making its way to the main components.

Build what you have!

Old 08-21-2016, 06:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Ok I'll check the voltages. I did email moates too. Someone suggested that the USB controller went bad. Which is only like $5 for a new one but looks impossible to solder due to it being so small.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in