I start my tuning adventure tomorrow. Quick question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2016, 11:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 4 cityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the Dcityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default I start my tuning adventure tomorrow. Quick question

So I'm getting an Ostrich 1.0 and Hulog tomorrow. I'll be using Crome free for now. This will be going in an EG hatch w/
d16 block
y8 head
z6 cam w/adjustable gear

I don't have a wideband yet but I'd like to get everything hooked up and checked out.

Will I be safe running the P28 basemap that comes with crome until I get my wideband?

I'm going to use the P70 base map with the fuel/ignition maps from the P28 copied over
cityofcaterpillars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2016, 12:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

wait till he has a wideband

why p70
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2016, 02:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 4 cityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the Dcityofcaterpillars is learning the way of the D

So not safe to run a stock map?

Crome doesn't allow the extra features on a P28 bin for some reason.

But, if you open a P70 bin and copy all of the maps it will

Old 08-17-2016, 02:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

but its 99% stock......... use stock z6 maps
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2016, 05:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
but its 99% stock......... use stock z6 maps
That's what I was getting at. Since it's a basically stock motor I should be safe running the Ostrich with the stock Z6 basemap until I get the wide band
Old 08-17-2016, 05:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

but what Im getting at is, if its stock, throwing a tune at it wont do much to improve power. may get you better mpg but sounds like a waste of time.....unless you have something up your sleeve
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2016, 05:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....
Send a message via Skype™ to evo_lucian

See no reason not too. After taking off my turbo set up a few weeks ago my car is basically a stock non VTEC d15 running on a standalone ecu so do it
Old 08-17-2016, 06:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
but what Im getting at is, if its stock, throwing a tune at it wont do much to improve power. may get you better mpg but sounds like a waste of time.....unless you have something up your sleeve
I'm putting together a turbo kit. I want to be able to learn how to tune before I put the turbo on. I figured learning on an stock motor would be a good way to learn.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo_lucian View Post
See no reason not too. After taking off my turbo set up a few weeks ago my car is basically a stock non VTEC d15 running on a standalone ecu so do it
You're the guy that did the Speeduino ECU. Whatever happened with that? I read your whole thread about it. I'm going to make that my winter project
Old 08-17-2016, 06:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Use a p30 base. It'll allow you to have the most options. Copy the p28 maps into the p30 base.

I doubt you'll get better mpg's though. Possibly worse. You really should wait until you get a wideband. Maybe borrow one from somebody for the day to at least tune cruising areas and idle. It'll take 20mins to install. I've been playing around with crome and Neptune and the stock maps run really rich.
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2016, 04:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide View Post
Use a p30 base. It'll allow you to have the most options. Copy the p28 maps into the p30 base.

I doubt you'll get better mpg's though. Possibly worse. You really should wait until you get a wideband. Maybe borrow one from somebody for the day to at least tune cruising areas and idle. It'll take 20mins to install. I've been playing around with crome and Neptune and the stock maps run really rich.
P30 is what I meant. I decided to wait for the wideband to hook everything up. I'm not good at being patient
Old 08-18-2016, 04:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Yea without wideband your no tuning.

And p30 base.
Get as much datalogging for as many cells as possible before adjusting.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2016, 10:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Has anyone ever use the WB APSX D2 wideband kit?

It's around $130 compared to Innovative and AEM which are around $200
Old 08-18-2016, 05:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

It looks to be similar to my MTX-L. I think it even uses the same sensor. I don't know about the quality of the controller.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide View Post
It looks to be similar to my MTX-L. I think it even uses the same sensor. I don't know about the quality of the controller.
it uses a Bosch LSU 4.2 sensor which from what I've read is not as good as the 4.9

There is a guy selling a Innovative LC2 for $100 but it doesn't have a gauge. So that's another $80 something. I don't know if that's worth it or not
Old 08-18-2016, 08:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

if you still have a cat on the car tune it a little rich in the cruise sections or else you will overheat the cat.

Last edited by cervan; 08-18-2016 at 08:40 PM.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2016, 12:37 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

My advice is not to skimp on any electorial component. And this is coming from King Brokedick. See what Summit Racing has in your price range. That's where I got my MTX-L cheaper than most other sites and it got here in a day.........but I love kinda close to their Ohio distribution center.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:01 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

I'm leaning towards the PLX w/multi gauge right now.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:28 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 HB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like Borat

I love my MTX-L, fast response.

And now I have the gauge hidden in the dash, with a arduino powered dash display for the A/F
Old 08-19-2016, 11:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB turbo--> View Post
I love my MTX-L, fast response.

And now I have the gauge hidden in the dash, with a arduino powered dash display for the A/F
Do you have a pic? I'm very interested in places to hide mine. So far, I'm leaning towards the glove box. I just need to get some abs plastic to make the pod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in