Speed limiter in Crome - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2016, 05:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Default Speed limiter in Crome

The other night I was out cruising (in Mexico) around and hit the 600 mile mark on my rebuild. I thought, well might as well give her a good hard pull. Somewhere in between 115-120 i hit what I am sure is the speed limiter. When I got home, I double checked and the speed limiter is disabled.

I plan on reburning my map to see if it works properly. However, I am not interested in going out and physically double checking that it is disabled.

Do you think I would be better off enabling the speed limiter and raising it to, say 150?

Anyone ever have this issue?
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2016, 05:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Crome has given me trouble in a few areas. The shift light activating at the proper rpm is one of them.

Just try what you mentioned. Test it when you go back out for a drive. That's the best way to verify.
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2016, 07:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

crome free or crome gold rom base?

gold is workable if janky and free is pretty garbage
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 10:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide View Post
Crome has given me trouble in a few areas. The shift light activating at the proper rpm is one of them.

Just try what you mentioned. Test it when you go back out for a drive. That's the best way to verify.
That is what I am trying to avoid(long way from Mexico). I have an event coming up on the 5th of August. On the long straight I will be for sure hitting 120 mph(or better is my hope). I am going to be pissed if I'm hitting the limiter on the straight at 115.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
crome free or crome gold rom base?

gold is workable if janky and free is pretty garbage
Crome free.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Out of curiosity, how are you testing the shift light vs actual rpm? The stock oem gauge?
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2016, 06:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

I am not testing my shift light. However, to answer your question, I am using my stock tach. Shift light is set to 8k rpm's, which lines up pretty close to my stock tack reading.

My concern is the fact that I am hitting a speed limiter, which I have disabled in crome.
Old 07-29-2016, 08:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by neubie View Post
Out of curiosity, how are you testing the shift light vs actual rpm? The stock oem gauge?
There's an input for what rpm you want your check engine light to illuminate. I set the input and went out for a drive. It illuminates about 400rpm sooner than what value I entered. I tried at various rpm's and got the same result. There are other issues with crome free. It's still a good tool for familiarising yourself with how a running program works. Neptune and Hondata look similar but crome has little to no support.
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2016, 12:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Oh, I know how the shift light works lol. Stock tachs aren't very accurate, so there will be a discrepancy.

It does suck that there has been no support for crome for a long time now. I personally haven't heard of any other issues with the speed limiter removal, but I run crome pro. I would think that since it is not actually removing the speed limiter, raising it to like the 150 to 180 range would be a good idea
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2016, 07:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Thought I would update this thread. I raised my speed limiter to 158 mph and re-enabled the speed limiter and had no more problems. Track day was great 364 problem free miles!!!!
Old 08-30-2016, 02:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!

JDM ECU?
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2016, 04:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

No sir, P28.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in