Engine idle - ethanol 1600cc injectors - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2016, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Lyle_57IAL smells like BoratLyle_57IAL smells like BoratLyle_57IAL smells like BoratLyle_57IAL smells like BoratLyle_57IAL smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Lyle_57IAL
Default Engine idle - ethanol 1600cc injectors

Hey Hondata,

Currently have a built D16 9:0 CR Turbo.Walboro 450, Bosch 1600cc injectors, AEM fpr set at factory fuel pressure, oem fuel lines and flex fuel setup.

Once the engine is completely warm and heat soaked (driven around for 10mins etc). I can easily get the car to idle on around 24degrees of timing, and 1.3ms from the injectors at around 12:5 - 13:0. Around 1000 rpm nice and smooth.

However just after cold start - once the engine has gone through the water temp compensation up to 80 degrees etc. The engine will constantly hunt, idle very lean and rough. Anything else i could look at to help achieve a smooth start up etc.

Ignition Dwell, air temp compensations etc

Cheers

Lyle
Lyle_57IAL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2016, 04:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Lyle_57IAL smells like BoratLyle_57IAL smells like BoratLyle_57IAL smells like BoratLyle_57IAL smells like BoratLyle_57IAL smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Lyle_57IAL

i just did a cold start log however the size is too big for me to upload here. i did notice at idle the car behaves better with more timing (already dialled in from a cold start compensation). i.e. - over 30 degrees.

any pros / cons to more / less timing at idle? and are there any limits to what is consider not safe?

Cheers
Lyle_57IAL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in