Anyone ever log ELD? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2016, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 spAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Anyone ever log ELD?

I'm troubleshooting electrical gremlins, I decided to look at the ELD signal and I noticed this dithering in the signal... it doesn't appear to be connected to anything switching on or off, and it happens at low loads when cruising around. It's the black trace with the almost square wave signal in the snip.

Any thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ELD Dithering.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	111506  

Last edited by spAdam; 07-22-2016 at 06:27 PM.
spAdam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2016, 08:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Maybe the radiator fan? You won't be able to check that directly by comparing with the FANC output because most of the time, the fan is triggered independently of the ECU by the thermoswitch.
Old 07-23-2016, 07:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 spAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like Borat

It's not attached to any of the accesories turning on or off, those will show as big step changes (as expected) and these little ~.5s pulses will remain, intermittently.

Looking back through logs all the way back to 2012, it seems that it's always done it to varying degrees, so I'm not sure I'm terribly concerned, just mainly curious.

I'm currently chasing other electrical gremlins currently, heading out to the garage in a few to put in a brand new alternator, I suspicious of the voltage regulator on one in the car now but don't think that's the only thing going on.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Lmfao... Turn signals!!
Old 07-23-2016, 04:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spAdam View Post
Lmfao... Turn signals!!
Good spot!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2016, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Turn signals are really, really annoying when trying to fine tune.

That was a very good catch.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2016, 03:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Yeah, it's kind of funny in hindsight, I was having the hardest time duplicating it but it was in every log of just driving around... Part throttle/low load from a stop, seemingly intermittent short bursts of it on the highway, never on pulls or at wot...

I even showed it to a coworker, thinking about it though most of them have never tuned on anything that has lights or signals!
Old 07-28-2016, 06:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I bet BMW drivers/tuners never have this issue!
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in