Ecu trouble - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2016, 03:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Ecu trouble

Hello everyone this is my first post so if I do something wrong please let me know. I purchased a 1993 Honda Civic dx coupe recently for $1050. Obviously not perfect for that price. When I purchased it he told me that when the original motor blew, the same year motor and type(d15b7) was put back in. However it was put back in with a po8 d15b ecu not the po6 d15b7 ecu. He said he tried to put a po6 ecu back in it but the pins were different. He said it might have been because the ecu he tried to put back in was for an automatic and this is a manual. After that he said if the ecu was correct then the wiring harness on the motor might be for a d15b. So my questions are. Does this affect the way the motor runs? Seems to run fine to me, drove it home 2 hours and runs great, drives great. If it isn't affecting the way it runs to have that ecu in it I will leave it alone. My next question is do the automatic ecu have a different number of pins than the manual ecu. If it has the same number of pins as the manual and I need to change the ecu then I'll change the whole engine harness and ecu to be correct. Again if the ecu isn't making it run different then I'll leave it. Any opinions or suggestions? Anything would be much appreciated!
Hondadaily15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2016, 05:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

buzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

honda obd1 ecus have the same number of pins for auto and manual. converting one from auto to manual is a very simple process.
the p08 ecu should throw a cel when it tries to engage vtec, but should run ok.

00 dx coupe with lowering springs, integra brakes, and boosted d16z6!
Quote:
Also, get the fuck out of my thread, you 5th gen pussy.
J.M. Maclean, deployed 3-29-2013 to Afghanistan.
Returned 9-22-2013.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in