What you thing about that D15B7 P06 bin - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2016, 06:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default What you thing about that D15B7 P06 bin

Hi , here i have a D15B7 i found on a european forum . It's said that the bin was made on Dyno on a good condition D15B7 with intake , header , no cat and 2.5"catback . With stock CR so 9.2:1 .

I give it a try in Open Loop and got nice 13.2-13.3 AFR at WOT until 5000rpm then fuel fall down to 14.5 at the revlimiter .
Partial very low trhottle got 16.5-17 almost at every engine speed ...
and cruising seems to vary a bit on 15-15.5 .

The car feel full of torque at middrange ! but exhaust pop a lot when deccelerating .

My engine is a D15B2 with full OBD1 MPFI swap from a B7 except from intake manifold Z6 one and milled head of 1.3mm ( 0.051in ) , for the rest 3" short ram + velocity stack , eBay 4-2-1 , no cat and full 2.5exhaust.

as always sorry for my English , let me know what you think
Attached Files
File Type: bin D15B7intexh98RON.bin (32.0 KB, 28 views)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

faburisu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2016, 06:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

keel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the sky

I'm no expert but let me take a crack at this:

So here is your low cam timing map. I noticed VTEC was not enabled in your tune so you would always be on the low cam maps. You can see the large mound that goes from idle to ~3500 RPM. That's where your low end torque is coming from. Great for in and around town driving but the rest of the map isn't going to make much top end power, and unfortunately you won't be able to get into the high cam map unless you enable VTEC.

Here we can see where your engine begins to lean out from -5500 RPM to the rev limiter. Again, this is because you're on the low cam map. Now if you were able to get into your hi cam maps, your fuel table would look like this:

Notice how you would have more fuel from ~5500 RPM to red line. So maybe enable VTEC and see what happens then. Again, I'm no expert, just trying to help troubleshoot for that sake of learning.
keel_hauled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2016, 08:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

can't see image you posted , but an non vtec tune on both low and high map ? I bet i could try it and see what happen

Old 02-19-2016, 10:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

keel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the sky

Is anyone else having an issue viewing the images? I'm trying a new image hosting platform for these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faburisu View Post
but an non vtec tune on both low and high map ? I bet i could try it and see what happen
No, that's not what I suggested. The images showed why your car behaves the way it does. I didn't suggest to use the same map for both cam profiles. That will literally do nothing to change things.
keel_hauled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2016, 10:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by keel_hauled View Post
Is anyone else having an issue viewing the images? I'm trying a new image hosting platform for these.

No, that's not what I suggested. The images showed why your car behaves the way it does. I didn't suggest to use the same map for both cam profiles. That will literally do nothing to change things.
try on my friend car , and it run very well ! Only get so lean on my car ..

Old 02-20-2016, 09:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 9 v4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

why would you enable vtec on a non vtec ecu running a non vtec engine?
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2016, 09:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

its a d15b7 with a d16z6 intake manifold. head is shaved. otherwise typical boltons.

seems like its good to go for 130whp+

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2016, 11:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I can't see the images either, I think google is making it harder & harder to host images & I've since moved to imgur.

Did you start with a stock map or someone else's basemap? Starting at 19.75 degrees is very odd. It should only be 16 degrees. It's also very unusual to have peak timing around peak torque, pull it after that, then increase it right at redline. Most lower-CR Honda motors like timing added after peak torque.

You also want a consistent AFR to avoid tip-in/out issues, but being a little more rich at peak torque is prefered. AFR shouldn't be chosen simply because it says a number in a book, it should be what makes the most power. A motor that mixes air/fuel poorly will want 13:1 or more while a good head can make peak power above 14:1.

Also anything above 16:1 on a motor not designed specifically for lean burn can result in worse gas consumption, especially if the timing isn't adjusted accordingly (very advanced). It also causes a lot of exhaust heat, and can end up burning/cracking an exhaust valve early. I presume you're using a wideband o2 sensor? A narrowband is only sensitive between 14.2-15.2:1.

As far as exhaust popping, there's a chance your TPS isn't set correctly. If the engine doesn't think it's at zero throttle, it will not go into decel fuel cut. You'll have instances where fuel will still be burning as the exhaust valves open.

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2016, 07:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

jsut about all the euro base maps have additional ignition timing.

but 3+ degrees seems like a large change on otherwise similar/same parts

He did say in first post he grabbed the tuned map from someone elses build.

which in my noobish eyes says nonono all over it. different environment, different elevation, etc...

Best to dial back timing a little bit and redo, if it was mine.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2016, 12:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

19+ ignition is weird because i got that even with a bone stock P28map base from crome ?!
i download many P06-301.bin also and it's the same ! My crome is a fresh install of the free version from the official tunewithcrome website and i didn't change anything on the preference or option menu.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

I wonder, are these just copy's of my old tuning?

19-22 BTDC ign timing and well as another 4-6 degrees under light load of the D15Beast7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2016, 03:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

i know it come from a dude who got a tuning here in france shop back in 07-08 . And as i know not so many french guy know about this forum , but i can't confirm to you it isn't as i have even no idea if this bin is 100% the real one from the french tuner... or if someone have do something on it .
I show to you , because it's well know people here ( and in north america in general ) are more about ECU tuning , to let me know if this is a good tune or at least a good base to work on . But i must admit it , i'm at a level where i still dont know if i need to run a bin open or closed loop

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in