r18 injectors on y7 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2016, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Question r18 injectors on y7

ok so i have been doing some looking around. i was going to send the stock injectors to be cleaned and flowed. for the price i was looking at some other injectors that would have a good spray pattern and would flow correct. i found the r18 are 186cc and the stock y7 are 190cc. i was thinking that a set of r18 injectors should have no problems being run by the stock ecu. they also look to have the correct spay at the valves un like the stockers. i am running off the stock ecu and running the 3 wire iacv setup is why. any one have some input on this as to should i do it or not ?

thanks
96 vsm civic HB - DD
devilman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2016, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

the clips are slightly different. the R18 clips have the click tab spot offset slightly. d16 OBD2 has them centered.

they will need the adapter rings that people use for the RDX 410cc injectors.

I am going to be doing these injectors myself while installing a d16y8 intake manifold.

Stock d16y7 injectors have the correct spray. Just not as optimized as newer ones are.

ECU will run slightly lean for a few hundred miles while it adjusts the fuel trim

5cc at stock pressure is very correctable

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2016, 03:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

ya i was planning on the height adapters to get them to fit. they are same length as the rdx injectors. plugs look like the same as the y7. spray patter looks to be aimed at the valves and not the center so it should be alot better i would think. good to see i am not the only one thinking about it.
96 vsm civic HB - DD

Old 01-30-2016, 04:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

they are a different diameter.

the clips are different. Should plug in with slight shaving on the injectors.

the tab that the clip snaps onto form the harness? its offset (centered on one of the pins, versus centers between the pins)

Build what you have!

Old 01-30-2016, 07:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 9 v4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to all

I will also confirm the clips are NOT the same as the obd2 clips. I ran a set of these thinking that I had accord injectors, they never ran right (of course I was looking for at least 240cc flow so it wasn't the injectors fault), then got them flowed and they were all 188-193cc at 43.5 psi.
In your case I would think they would work great though, maybe even net a few hp and a little bit better economy.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2016, 07:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I dont see the point in doing this.

The y7 is 190cc but most other hondas are 240cc so that they arent running high duty cycle.

Also just because the cc are close doesnt mean the dead times are. If they are to far off the car will have some problems without a tune.

And if your going through all the trouble of this.
Might as well get some rdx 410cc injectors and tune it.
When i had means in before my turbo. The mpg was good with just injector corrections.

Other then that just send yours to be clean and rebuild.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2016, 01:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

just a update. i got my injectors and tried the oem obd2 plugs on my y7 harness and they fit no mods. just waiting on my hats now to fit my rail and the height of the stock injectors.
96 vsm civic HB - DD
Old 02-10-2016, 04:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

awesome.

Im glad I looked at pictures wrong and it snaps in easy.

you doing the top tip kit that is usually used for the RDX injectors?

14mm to 11mm I belive it was?

Build what you have!

Old 02-10-2016, 07:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano007 is hot as a volcano

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing with the R18 injectors left over from the turbo build I recently completed. Plugs are the same.

It should be worthwhile because from what I can see, the nozzle area looks almost identical to RDX except with half the holes. Fuel atomization should be way better than stock two hole Y7 injectors. If it is true that people picked up more power from RDX injector swaps just because of better atomization, it should apply to this as well.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Me being an automatic still, I think I will see a nice bump in drivability with these injectors.

I should be ordering a set friday/tomorrow and then Im doing a fuill day of fun to my car. d16y8 manifold, timing belt, waterpump, alternator and PS belts, and might do the final piece of my igniton, the wires. Everything else is new or tested/verified OEM spec operation

Build what you have!

Old 02-13-2016, 12:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

They may help, but not so much if you simply slap them in. Battery offsets will be different, meaning the low pulse width areas will be either lean or rich. If you're lucky, they will be minor enough that the ECU/o2 will adjust. However, it will be impossible to create a long-term fuel trim.

The only time I'd really recommend "upgrade" injectors on a stock ECU is when the old injectors are seriously bad. At that point any clean injector roughly the same size will work loads better.

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2016, 06:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Im bumping this for updates! I never got around to buying/installing r18 injectors, but would like to know if this project saw completion.

Ive lately been having trouble with an injector sticking open. redneck-cleaning it helped a LOT, but it still randomly sticks open and farts enough gas to smell (usually only for a few seconds)

thanks

Build what you have!

Old 04-15-2016, 08:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

bueller?

Build what you have!

Old 04-25-2016, 09:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

I Put them in but they leaked from the top hat to injector seal. I pulled them back out and have not tried new o rings yet.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 CustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I've ran a set of pilot v6 injectors in my b20z2 just fine, I wanna believe that I had to shave a tab off the injector, but that may have been on the rdx injectors I had in the civic, I just used the red hats and 2 long bolts with a set nut at the manifold. Now I'm tempted to put them back in.
CustomY8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in