Swapping ecu for higher rev limi - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2016, 10:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Swapping ecu for higher rev limi

I currently have a Honda logo 1.3 and want to use a d14 ecu to increase the rev limit and if it is possible do i need to change immobiliser transponder and keys or will my old ones still work
Markh498 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2016, 05:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 CustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagle

Not a usdm car, please list detail of the car so we don't have to research to help, what is the year, engine code and current ecu part number?
CustomY8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2016, 05:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 fastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respect

waiting for more info, in the mean time take a look at this: Doctronic - smart solutions

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fastcrxsi90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 05:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 grayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcrxsi90 View Post
waiting for more info, in the mean time take a look at this: doctronic - smart solutions
Quote:
most honda vehicles starting from 1996+ have a stock immobilizer.
1996? Wtf?

automatic Crx [email protected]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
grayzee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2016, 05:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayzee View Post
1996? Wtf?
news to me. my 98 doesnt.
I thought it was 01 n up

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2016, 05:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 grayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
I thought it was 01 n up
Exactly what I thought too.

On another note, can 01+ ecu's be swapped from vehicle to vehicle or are they coded to the VIN?

automatic Crx [email protected]
Old 01-29-2016, 06:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayzee View Post
Exactly what I thought too.

On another note, can 01+ ecu's be swapped from vehicle to vehicle or are they coded to the VIN?
I believe there VIN coded. not 100% sure. But i remember doing an obd2 scan and it can pull the VIN. Most cars that you can pull the VIN from the scan port are coded.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2016, 03:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 CustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagle

Yes 01 is coded with vin.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

My car is a 2000 honda logo with a d13b7 engine ecu code is p7a g11 and has an immobiliser
Old 02-02-2016, 11:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Now I'm really curious please provide engine pictures, and if you can good clear shots of the ecu with wire connectors and also if possible a picture of the ecu board with the top lid off.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh498 View Post
My car is a 2000 honda logo with a d13b7 engine ecu code is p7a g11 and has an immobiliser
What country is this from?
Old 02-03-2016, 05:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 fastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respect

The Logo is not a US car, I would still recommend contacting Doc and posting back the recommendation. Doctronic - smart solutions

http://www.doctronic.at/download/ins...0a0%20fx01.pdf

fastcrxsi90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2016, 07:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

The car is from the uk but its sold mainly in japan and most of europe the engine looks the same as any other d series and I'll try and get some pictures of the ecu at the weekend
Old 02-04-2016, 03:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
I thought it was 01 n up
Well they're not in the US. The site is ".at" --> here in Europe, most or all 96+ Hondas do have an immobilizer..

For the Logo: Why on Earth would you want to use a wrong ECU with a wrong wrong fuel injection map and wrong ignition timings for the D13 just to increase the rev limit (which is 6900 for the D14)? You know that power output drops again in RPM higher than where pmax is?

Your ECU plugs and the rest should be OBD2b - with a 3 wire IACV. Guess you could swap an EJ9 99/00 Facelift (D14Z1/Z2) ECU right in if you wanted to. Should check the wires though, to see if there are any differences compared to the normal OBD2b Pinout. You can most likely solder in your immobilizer board into the D14 ECU as you will pretty sure have the 12 pin HIC-RL01 or -FX01 (just open up the ECU and check).
Anyways, I still do not recommend that if you don't intend to swap the whole engine along with the ECU. It would surely run poorly (always too rich) and in the long run, damage the engine.

Get yourself a 96-00 D14 engine (they're cheap! and already 90hp with the right throttle body gasket) and a 99/00 EJ9 ECU (preferably 90hp PHX-**) ECU, your plugs will fit right into it.
Bolt a D16Y8 (or MB/MC Civic intake manifold) and ESi exhaust manifold to it, add a somewhat bigger exhaust system (about 51mm inner diameter like the EK4 will do best for the D14), maybe a 200 cell catalytic converter and be happy with something about 100-110hp. Or bolt a VTEC head on to that and use a P28 to tune.
Or better, just forget the whole D14 thing and put a D16Y8 in.

By the way, where are you from?
Blues is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2016, 08:13 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Im from the uk and to bolt a d16y8 in is a bit of a job as wiring is different aparently. Not sure what is different
Old 02-04-2016, 08:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Same job like fitting in a D14. And a D13 with a wrong ECU (D14) does not make any sense at all..

I know someone here in Germany who put a D15B7 with a D16Z6 head in his Logo. He built himself a "homemade" engine wire harness by soldering OBD1 ECU plugs (and those in the engine bay who were different) to the Logo harness because he didn't want to buy an OBD conversion harness. Runs well on a tuned P28.

You will have less work with it though. The only things I know about so far are that you have to change the IACV plug and add a wire to the distributor plug to get the Y8 running with a conversion harness (OBD2b to OBD2a ones are a little expensive though) and its original OBD2a ECU. I'll ask that guy if he had anything else to change about the sensor plugs.
Blues is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2016, 09:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Cheers for the info I'll have a prive up for bits
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in