D16a6 turbo tuning help?! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2015, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default D16a6 turbo tuning help?!

Ok guys im planning to turbo my crx si when i pick it up soon and i wanted to know what i needed to get me going tuning wise. I know i need a d15b7 dizzy and p06 ecu but i wanted to know what is the cheapest way to get my moving.

Could i just use this chipped p06 and go to a neptune professional tuner near me ? could this work?

Chipped OBD1 Non-VTEC ECU with Custom Basemap Chip Package

or do i have to do the full package?

Neptune RTP / Demon V2 / P06 ECU Package

thanks in advance!
RicerEK4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2015, 08:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

If it iz a 90-91 stock si pm6 ecu you can tune it with turboedit with just chipping it basically,

If you wajt to convert to OBD1 you need an ecu adapter harness, a dizzy adapter harness, and OBD1 non vtec ecu and dizzy, you will also need to convert to a 4 wire o2 sensor unless the program you run has the option to use a single wird o2.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 atheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Any neptune dealer should be able to provide you with all that you need. You can delete the o2 sensor in neptune so no need to switch. I personally leave the tune in open loop unless they have a wideband to run closed off from.
atheworld0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 06:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

TO cover yourself.
YOu need a obd1 conversion kit. dizzy, o2 sensor, wiring ecu etc...

Next you will have to talk to your tuner about the neptune.
Some dealers will have the ability to burn chips. So you will be able to go with the chip setup.

Others dont and you will need to get the rtp bundle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in