Turboedit for stock PM6 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2015, 06:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Turboedit for stock PM6

I've never used Turboedit before and am trying to verify that I've made my ROM correctly. I'm just trying to make a stock PM6 ROM for my D15. This is what I did...

1) Opened a stock PM6 bin
2) Exported maps to new file.
2) Opened a stable bin (says code base "PGMFI (DM PM6)")
3) Imported new map file.
4) Saved modified stable bin as finished product.

Is this file ready and safe to burn to my chip? Thanks for the help.

Last edited by insertcoolusername; 12-22-2015 at 09:47 AM.
insertcoolusername is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2015, 07:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 masterl1nk is learning the way of the Dmasterl1nk is learning the way of the D

Hello, yes! Try Crome or other modern solutions, turboedit is a bit deprecated )-:
masterl1nk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2015, 07:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterl1nk View Post
Hello, yes! Try Crome or other modern solutions, turboedit is a bit deprecated )-:
Can I use Crome? I was under the impression that Crome was only for OBD1.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 masterl1nk is learning the way of the Dmasterl1nk is learning the way of the D

Yes, you need to use a P28! OBD1 is widely developed.
masterl1nk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2015, 09:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 bake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunnabake82 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

OBD1 requires new ECU, distributor, and ecu/distributor jumper harnesses.

Many believe Turboedit is better than Chrome. I don't think you're gaining anything by using chrome!

My former race car(DOHC ZC) was tuned on turboedit and ran great!

I can't answer your questions, but I would not give up on turboedit!
bake82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2015, 09:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 STRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunna

I have a obd0 turbo edit ecu from my crx 89 si fs
Pm me.

Stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2015, 09:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

You need to make sure the headers are the same values from the rom you copied from and pasted to. Other than that, yea you should be ok.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRATTON View Post
I have a obd0 turbo edit ecu from my crx 89 si fs
Pm me.

Stratton.
Already have socketed pm6 with new capacitors, ROM burner and chips but thanks for the offer. Just don't trust myself 100% on the software side of things.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelEspinoza View Post
You need to make sure the headers are the same values from the rom you copied from and pasted to. Other than that, yea you should be ok.
That's where I'm having issues. There are more columns on the stable bin than there are on the stockpm6 bin. I even downloaded the Excel helper file from Xenocron, but it didn't work.

Here's the stockpm6...

Here's the stable...

and here's the stable with stockpm6 maps imported...
Old 12-22-2015, 12:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 fastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respect

If you want to use turboedit, you will most likely want to use an ng63 development rom. There is an ng64 rom, but it's only supported with tuner-express. Since pgmfi is down/gone, here is a copy last ng63 code: https://sites.google.com/site/tunere...edirects=0&d=1

I've never actually used a stock rom (besides copying maps). I can make you something to use when I get some free time. Your images are blocked at work, so I have no idea what you have setup.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fastcrxsi90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2015, 01:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcrxsi90 View Post
If you want to use turboedit, you will most likely want to use an ng63 development rom. There is an ng64 rom, but it's only supported with tuner-express. Since pgmfi is down/gone, here is a copy last ng63 code: https://sites.google.com/site/tunere...edirects=0&d=1

I've never actually used a stock rom (besides copying maps). I can make you something to use when I get some free time. Your images are blocked at work, so I have no idea what you have setup.
Thanks so much! I just downloaded the file. I really want to learn to do this myself for future ROM edits, but a worry free ROM that will run my engine is certainly welcome when you have time. No rush. My CRX is just a shell right now since I stripped it to bare metal and am acid washing, epoxy priming, seam sealing, painting, undercoating, lizard skinning, and cavity waxing before reassembly.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano

Your header columns wont line up correctly, your stock left column is -26 and the ng63 roms first left column is -24.74, so the values wont be correct.

The basemap helper extrapolated values to match what you changed the header values to, but it doesnt work correctly with the newer versions of office, I will take a look at what you have and try to make yiu something.

Are you bumping compression or boosting in the future? Or changing injectors or map sensors? Or just want a dead stock a6 program?
Old 12-22-2015, 03:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Your header columns wont line up correctly, your stock left column is -26 and the ng63 roms first left column is -24.74, so the values wont be correct.

The basemap helper extrapolated values to match what you changed the header values to, but it doesnt work correctly with the newer versions of office, I will take a look at what you have and try to make yiu something.

Are you bumping compression or boosting in the future? Or changing injectors or map sensors? Or just want a dead stock a6 program?
Gotcha. Excel just kept populating mostly zeros.

Dead stock for all practical purposes. Its a non-vtec D15B. Only mods are 66mm Skunk2 IM & TB and AEM high flow fuel rail & adjustable fuel pressure regulator. No plans to upgrade ANYTHING after this build.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:

I just opened the ng63 and compared it to my stable file and its identical. So at least I'm on the right track.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertcoolusername View Post
I just opened the ng63 and compared it to my stable file and its identical. So at least I'm on the right track.
That cant be right.... ng63 is a boost map, and the one you have called stable is a NA map....

I think you might be missing the importance of the numbers in your column headers. Here is your stock map where I circled the 16inHg fuel column:

Here is where you pasted it into another file:

Those two columns are the same point, and should be exactly the same, but because you ignored the column header values when pasting in yours in they are wildly different. Its an understandable mistake, but it wont work like that.

Also I dont know where you got that "stable" file from, but it doesnt even look like it goes all the way to atmospheric pressure, so I wouldnt use that.

Last edited by JoelEspinoza; 12-22-2015 at 06:57 PM.
JoelEspinoza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2015, 05:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
That cant be right.... ng63 is a boost map, and the one you have called stable is a NA map....

I think you might be missing the importance of the numbers in your column headers. Here is your stock map where I circled the 16inHg fuel column:

Here is where you pasted it into another file:

Those two columns are the same point, and should be exactly the same, but because you ignored the column header values when pasting in yours in they are wildly different. Its an understandable mistake, but it wont work like that.

Also I dont know where you got that "stable" file from, but it doesnt even look like it goes all the way to atmospheric pressure, so I wouldnt use that.
You're right. The stable bin is populated the same as the ng63, but the header values are different.

I got the stable bin from Xenocron. I used the import/export function rather than copy/paste. I just tried to copy/past the stockpm6 map into the correct column on the ng63, but it only populates the middle of the map and I have no idea how to calculate the other values. I need a copy of turboedit for dummies!
Old 12-23-2015, 05:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:

Do you think Tuner Express would be a better program to use for my purposes? The website says it supports my ROM burner.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Yay, just figured out how to load the extra tables and romcalc plugins into the ng63 bin.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Try this, you might have to set some options, but it is stock pm6 maps in a NG63 bin smoothed out and leaned down a bit, I also scaled it for boost, so it will work as a basic boost map to get you to a tuner if you do decide to go turbo in the future: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dw1mu3g6wj...anpm6.bin?dl=0

This is what it looks like:
Old 12-23-2015, 03:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Try this, you might have to set some options, but it is stock pm6 maps in a NG63 bin smoothed out and leaned down a bit, I also scaled it for boost, so it will work as a basic boost map to get you to a tuner if you do decide to go turbo in the future: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dw1mu3g6wj...anpm6.bin?dl=0

This is what it looks like:
Thanks so much for taking your time to make this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in