p28 diode cracked - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2015, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default p28 diode cracked

ok so i bought a p28 but this diode is cracked
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1446751657408.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	828.2 KB
ID:	98146  
eddie7978 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2015, 10:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Thats usually an unused input IIRC.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015, 10:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Isn't that the caused by purge valve plug getting mixed up with IAT?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 10:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

EVAP purge solenoid drive Transistor. You probably don't need it, if you do I can help you find one.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

i think it has to do with the o2 sensor because the previous one i had the diode was burnt and was throwing cel for the o2
Old 11-05-2015, 02:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

see this was the burnt one that was throwing cel 41 for the o2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1446764454603.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	590.3 KB
ID:	98154  
Old 11-05-2015, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie7978 View Post
see this was the burnt one that was throwing cel 41 for the o2
That's Q31 and it has nothing to do with your O2 sensor. It simply allows the ecu to supply enough current to open the EVAP purge solenoid. I have seen many of these go from improperly connecting plugs on the engine harness to the wrong place, most often it has to do with the IACV since it is a 12V device while most other plugs near it are resistance based ground loop sensors.

The ECU should function fine without it unless the heat from it dying caused damage to other tracks on the board or for some reason you need EVAP. It can be replaced fairly cheaply if need be.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Find the part number and search online for it.

should be very cheap.

a soldering ribbon will help remove that with minimal risk. you heat from the bottom side, and as the solder melts the ribbon absorbs it.

Works great when I was really into old xbox and ps2/3 repairs

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015, 03:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Learn here
2SD21780SA TRANS NPN 50VCEO 2A MT-3 Panasonic - SSG datasheet pdf data sheet FREE from datasheetz.com

Buy here
Q31 or Q34 - SD21780SA Transistor [Q31] - $2.00 : Moates.Net
Or track it down from many other places.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

oh ok i thought thats why that ecu was throwing a cel 41 for an o2

i bought a different p28 and no codes so i guess theres somthing else wrong with the p28 besides that diode
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in