Problem Socketed 1720 Boards(2) Wont Prime Fuel Pump - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2015, 03:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews
Default Problem Socketed 1720 Boards(2) Wont Prime Fuel Pump

As the title states, Ive got 2 P06 1720 boards that wont prime the pump when the key is switched on. Ive socketed them and converted to vtec per instructions on Xenocron.com including the RM11 1720 ECU Vtec Conversion kit instructions

These ecu's were tested in my obd1 94 del Sol. All my 11f0 boards Ive converted and socket function perfectly. And Ive used my know good chip/map. And even reflashed it once.

And Ive replaced C14 in each.

Any suggestions or Anything difficult about these boards?

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2015, 03:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

1720s are all I do when I chip ECUs. Here's my personal checklist:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2015, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie

Thanks! Thats a nice list. Ive covered everything except the IAB conversion.

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......

Old 10-11-2015, 04:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!

Thanks, I got tired of reading long winded writeups and just condensed it into a simple checklist.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
Thanks, I got tired of reading long winded writeups and just condensed it into a simple checklist.
Nice. Ive got links saved to my bookmarks lol Xenocron has pretty decent write ups with pics. They show each type of common boards.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2015, 05:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!

Check the C14 cap (fat one) and the other can-style capacitors. If it it has ANY bit of gunk coming out of it or bulging of the top, it could be the cause.

IIRC there's also one transsitor near the connectors (opposite of the ZIF/chip slot area) that can burn out. Check all traces top & bottom around all small black transistors.

Here's a thread detailing the same issue: Chipped p28 - not priming fuel pump - Honda-Tech

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2015, 05:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiProfile View Post
Check the C14 cap (fat one) and the other can-style capacitors. If it it has ANY bit of gunk coming out of it or bulging of the top, it could be the cause.

IIRC there's also one transsitor near the connectors (opposite of the ZIF/chip slot area) that can burn out. Check all traces top & bottom around all small black transistors.

Here's a thread detailing the same issue: Chipped p28 - not priming fuel pump - Honda-Tech
Ive replaced the C14 and tried again, no luck. The transistors are not burnt.

I may try replacing all the caps, but I dont believe thats the prob.

Im also goning to try this map on a new chip, just got a batch in. But it reports as a successful burn after flashing with the Burn2

Quote:

Last edited by hotrodj; 10-11-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah chip shouldn't be the issue.

I've had garbage chips but they all fail to verify when burning them.

Old 10-16-2015, 03:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!

What EMS are you testing them with? In ectune there is an option "empty tank", which switches the main relay & pump with only the ignition on. Can you test something like that?

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2015, 05:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Im only using Crome free. I never seen a option like that, but I never looked lol I will go back thru the parameters and options thoroughly

I need to learn how to datalog with Crome. After I solve this issue.

I need to buy one of those simulators.

Quote:
Old 10-17-2015, 06:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Crome free doesnt have datalogging
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in