Innovate MTX-L and ECUControl - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2015, 05:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Innovate MTX-L and ECUControl

What's up guys. A while back I got some help here setting up TurboEDIT and such. Everything is running great except one little thing I can't figure out. I have my MTX-L hooked up to my laptop to use for datalogging with ECUControl but the values aren't the same as what's on my wideband gauge. I've calibrated the O2 sensor several times. Even worse, the values that it's off by don't remain the same through the spectrum so I can't go in and manually adjust the offset. EC does have an innovate sensor selection but its the older version. Has anyone worked out a fix for this?
popejbryant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2015, 08:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

You likely need to program the ECUControl software for the same 0-5v scale as your MTX-L is programmed to output. The values are in your user manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015, 04:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

I just checked into it. All of the values are correct for my specific wideband.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Are you only using the mtx-l for datalogging? If so, you could also use the serial connection provided on the gauge.

If not, did you connect the right wire (wideband/narrowband) to the ecu? It is possible that the brown and yellow signal differ from what is described in the manual for the mtx, since these can be programmed.

A corroded/loose (solder) connection could also cause this!

Lodi.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

I am using the serial connection connection for datalogging. I did not know that you could hook it up the the ecu.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

All of my solder joints look good. No signs of cold solder or anything
Old 10-08-2015, 02:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

But now that you mention it, I wonder if the serial output is programmable. I'll have to look into that tonight.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I would use the same power and grounds as the PCM to help eliminate offsets. That might help.
Quote:
Old 10-10-2015, 08:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Abide

you are correct that it is programmable. you can change the voltage output range in the LM Programmer. as well as set what range your LED colors represent

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...rint%201.2.pdf page 9
Abide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2015, 11:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Sweet. I haven't been able to work on it yet. But now that it's the weekend maybe I can get it done today
Old 10-12-2015, 09:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Classic Man

Just from reading that file, the Analog outputs are programmable, and the serial data stream is what it is.
Quote:
Old 10-18-2015, 10:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

I've tried programing the parameters but when I connect my guage to the laptop and try to open LM, I get a no comm port error. I had a similar issue with the ostrich an hulog, but since they were USB connections, I was able to figure out how to make it work. I have yet to figure out how to fix this with a serial connection. I have sent innovate an email this weekend. Hopefully today I'll be able to touch base with them and figure this all out.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:42 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 fastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respect

Are you using the analog output or the serial stream to log data in ecucontrol? If using the serial connection the data should match between your gauge and the software (ie. ecucontrol, logworks, etc). If using the analog output, you need ecucontrol to match the values shown in lm programmer...same a what FarmerD wrote above.

I believe the serial output is programmable in the fact that it will show leither ambda or AFR values for different fuel types, don't think you can change he base lambda value.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fastcrxsi90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2015, 08:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Abide

Quote:
Originally Posted by popejbryant View Post
I've tried programing the parameters but when I connect my guage to the laptop and try to open LM, I get a no comm port error. I had a similar issue with the ostrich an hulog, but since they were USB connections, I was able to figure out how to make it work. I have yet to figure out how to fix this with a serial connection. I have sent innovate an email this weekend. Hopefully today I'll be able to touch base with them and figure this all out.
Amazon.com: TRENDnet TU-S9 USB to Serial Converter: Electronics Amazon.com: TRENDnet TU-S9 USB to Serial Converter: Electronics
serial to usb adapter.
Abide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2015, 02:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Idk. I haven't been able to actually talk to innovate yet. Nothing on their end, I'm just really busy. I did pick up the adaptor but honestly haven't had time to mess with it yet. I'm sure it's an easy fix, but finding time is getting harder and harder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in