ecu help guys - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2015, 11:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default ecu help guys

hi guys new to this part of the forum and was looking for some advice/knowledge,
I have a ej6 with d16y7 boosted with a td04l turbo, vitara pistons, eagle rods, acl bearings, arp head studs, block guard, walbro 255 fp,
havent decided on injectors or intercooler yet but was wanting to nail down the ecu and software i would need to run, any advice would be great

thanks
bratch106 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2015, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

You can use an obd1 ecu like the p28 and have it chipped or you can go with a stand alone like the aem ems. But you should talk with the tuner and see what he like to tune with.

Going with the p28 ecu not only does it need to be chopped but you will all need a step down harness.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2015, 11:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Old 09-25-2015, 11:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

edit: yeah what he said, 2jz is a good resource on this subject.

You need a chipped ecu or a stand alone system. By curiosity, why not figure that put before the components? Seems like while researching, I found I needed fuel support, and electronics well beyond my stock setup well before I settled on a setup at all.

Are you working with a tuner?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2015, 11:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

would that be any good, someone offered me it? will have a word with my tuner on monday when there open and get some more info
Old 09-25-2015, 11:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Yeah that is a good ECU to chip and tune with, lots of support. Ask your tuner his preferred style and see what you can afford and meet in the middle, dont skimp though, this is possibly the most important part of the build besides the good tune.

Also, you can find those already chipped ready to be programmed, so if you dont wanna chip it your self....

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

not at the moment was trying to have all the pieces put together and built before i took it to the tuner, this is probably backwards
Old 09-25-2015, 12:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Its not like you are shit out of luck or something, you just have to find something that works with what you bought, if you are still in the planning stages, well you are in the right spot. Either way, you just need the ecu or stand alone depending on what the person tuning it is most familiar with.

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Old 09-25-2015, 12:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

the guy listed it as a obd2a ecu would that have the chip already, sorry for the noobiness but the management bit still gets me thats why i posted this, i dont wanna mess up the build due to poor management system
Old 09-25-2015, 12:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratch106 View Post
the guy listed it as a obd2a ecu would that have the chip already, sorry for the noobiness but the management bit still gets me thats why i posted this, i dont wanna mess up the build due to poor management system
Obd2a or obd2b ecus are not chip-able. Only obd1 ecu can be chipped.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 09-25-2015, 12:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

thats where i was getting really confused as i used the hondata ecu link and thats what it said, so the guys maybe lying then, maybe better looking somewhere else, out of curiousity where would i good place to buy a tunable ecu? also i have changed the inlet manifold to a d16z6 for better flow but the iacv has 2wires and my standard loom has 3 is there a fix for this guys?
Old 09-25-2015, 12:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...onversion.html

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Old 09-25-2015, 12:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratch106 View Post
thats where i was getting really confused as i used the hondata ecu link and thats what it said, so the guys maybe lying then, maybe better looking somewhere else, out of curiousity where would i good place to buy a tunable ecu? also i have changed the inlet manifold to a d16z6 for better flow but the iacv has 2wires and my standard loom has 3 is there a fix for this guys?
Yes there's a fix for the iacv. You need to remove a wire and move another one. Pretty easy. There's one for a 96-98 civic and one for the 99-00 civic so make sure to use the right one.

instagram @magicman9won4
Old 09-25-2015, 12:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

thanks for the info guys, really apprechiate the help
Old 09-25-2015, 01:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2015, 02:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdreamin View Post
Obd2a or obd2b ecus are not chip-able. Only obd1 ecu can be chipped.

true but there was some p28 that had obd2a connectors on them.
Hondata use to sell them also. basically made it all plugin play without a harness needeed.

and to the OP/

Get whatever your tuner says. After all he will be the one tuning it. You might get a system that you think is great but if your tuner suck ass at that setup then your car will run like shit.

so think about that.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2015, 04:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
true but there was some p28 that had obd2a connectors on them.
Hondata use to sell them also. basically made it all plugin play without a harness needeed.

and to the OP/

Get whatever your tuner says. After all he will be the one tuning it. You might get a system that you think is great but if your tuner suck ass at that setup then your car will run like shit.

so think about that.
Del sol Si 96-97 are what they came out of
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2015, 04:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

Those OBD2 P28 ecu's dont appear to be chippable.

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2015, 07:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 STRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunna

Step down harness. P28 with hondata.

Stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2015, 11:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 CustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagle

Neptune ftw! Seriously though, your tuner is your deciding factor, and he should be able to supply or point you in the right direction if your having any trouble. Many obd1 ecu's are chippable, and can also have vtec plus a secondary output added later to the board, very cheap parts, your mostly going to pay in labor.

Last edited by CustomY8; 09-26-2015 at 11:08 PM.
CustomY8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in