Diy wideband. any one try it? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2015, 07:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Default Diy wideband. any one try it?

Im looking into this, im thinking of getting a few of them. Any one try it before. Seems pretty easy to setup and alot cheaper then any "brandname stuff" as with all diy electronics. althouh it may be cheaper and easier to use a multiplexer with an 8 chanel AD converter and program the off sets using a andruino. any one into this stuff APSX D1-DIY Wideband Controller Board Module
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2015, 07:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 flat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

This thread discusses it some with links too it's questionable accuracy. https://www.d-series.org/forums/engin...t-p06-p28.html
flat_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2015, 08:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!

Ok thanks for the link i may jus go with my ardunios, and 10bit 8 channel AD converter i have for other projects. that way its a hell of a lot cheaper and i can use 4 wide bands and 4 ect sensors and cycle theouh each sensor a few times a second and setup the refresh rate to close to 4 points a second for logging and 2 points a second for the gauges.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 CustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Hmmm.
CustomY8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2015, 09:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

That beats the pants off of the JAW wideband! Sigma Lambda Controller DIY 2 | 14Point7
hisnibs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2015, 04:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

you've probably seen this one, been thinking about trying 14.7 again .

Sigma Lambda Controller OEM | 14Point7
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2015, 03:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 DreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DreaMer

I bought one and tried it. seemed to work okay with crome. slow to read. Nothing to verify it to cause I didn't have a wb02 for awhile.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DreaMer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2015, 09:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I would go MTX-L now a days hands down, no sense in fucking around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2015, 11:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

wideband seems like a bad thing to cheap out on in my opinion...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- shooting for 550 wheel.
2006 Quad Cab 3500 Duramax

RIP MJY

iSpinBearings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2015, 11:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpinBearings View Post
perfectly understandable.

However, a slow sloppy wideband is probably far faster than a perfectly working narrowband style sensor.

Me personally, Ill just force myself to budget around $200 minimum for a wideband setup. But part of that budget is having an extra sensor for testing for problems if they arise

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2015, 12:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpinBearings View Post

where do you get the idea of being cheap comes from, have a low cost yes, but being cheap or getting a cheaper product in the end not so much.

any of these wide band controllers have at max 18$ in parts in them, im sure you dont know how cheap you can but electronic components for when you get into actually building things. the labor is what you are paying for. and r&d, not nowadays with programmable micro controllers for like 6$ you have noooo clue of how easy things are.

im not talking about making my own sensors, they are cheap as they are and work very well. and i doubt i could do a better job, but to take a voltage and convert to to digi and display/log the data is simple. you just need to know programing and electrical know how.

instead of using this one as posed in the first link since it seems to not be very good at what it does, since it tries to do it without a programmable micro controller can cause issues. but being able to code it your self for the off sets and turning on and off their heaters and doing things based off other inputs, like idleing for more then x time turn heater on.

companies know this and charge a lot since there are limited people doing it, its the same as anything though, they have to pay for tooling and location and all that so they have to charge more then you doing it by your self.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arduino

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/adc0808.pdf
Old 10-03-2015, 01:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 9 v4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I paid 120 for a plx dm6. New. Not used. Paying more its not always better.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2015, 02:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

I understand that the parts inside are cheap. I know that most of the cost associated with these and many other electronic components is labor. I guess what I'm saying is personally I'd rather pay more for something like a wideband from a reputable company because I know that I can trust it. Especially when I have as much into the motor I'm building as I do.

I suppose it would be cool to build your own just to say you did it, but I wouldn't trust it to be as reliable if nothing else as I would a UEGO, LC-2 etc. Plus if it does fail I'll have a scapegoat that isn't myself.

- shooting for 550 wheel.
2006 Quad Cab 3500 Duramax

RIP MJY

iSpinBearings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2015, 02:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

I trust my self over others, so thats why i build my motors and alot of stuff that goes on/in them. my sig use to have my.builds in it. trust me man, i build shit and have lots into it too. some tikes your better of dojng things your self so in the end you have exactly what you want. i also built my own rods and pistons and full custom itbs with only useing premade bolts. thouh so a wide band doesnt scare me.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Pricing is always going to be higher if you dont wnat to build it.

Look at computers. Some people pay 4-5 GRAND for a top of the line gaming computer when its realistically only 1200 in parts. thats what, just under 25 % of price being effective?

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in