ECUControl assistance - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2015, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default ECUControl assistance

Hello all,
I'm kinda new to the forum and this is my first post. I can not find a link for the ECUControl plugin for TurboEDIT. I have TurboEDIT 3.2.2 installed. I have a ng63 base map built. I'm running an Ostrich 2.0 on a chipped PM6. I have a D16A6 in a 90 Civic hatch with a Jackson Racing supercharger. Once i get the high idle issue resolved, ill be ready to start tuning. But like I stated earlier, I can not find a way to get ECUControl. Does anyone here have something that could be emailed to me, or a link that works? I'm at a loss and could really use the data logging feature. Thanks very much in advance.

I'm running Windows 10 if it matters
popejbryant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2015, 05:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

fastcrxsi90 helped me get the files I needed. He put them up on his site. I can't post links yet so just google Tuner Express to find the page for his tuning software and you can find the install in the downloads.

Also install Logworks3 and the SDK (again search google, the SDK is at the bottom of the page) or ECUControl won't open.

Im working on a similar setup JRSC with sohc zc in a 90 crx si.

Im running everything on windows xp everyone says it just works better on xp. Im on a mac with xp running in parallels you can do something similar with xp running in a virtual machine.
Y49_CRX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Thank you very much, looks like that exactly what i needed. BTW, once I move back to Florida in a couple of years, this whole setup is going into a Y49 as well. When you say sdk, do you mean the google app engine sdk?

Old 09-15-2015, 05:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Dunno how windows 10 does handling older applications.,

Might be worth finding a VMWare key, and using it to load up a windows xp image file, and having a virtual windows xp for teh application to run on.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2015, 05:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Its the logworks3 sdk. you may not need it but I installed it with logworks3.

Also search for Virtual Dyno. You can load your log files from ecucontrol in it and it helps a lot. If you don't know the exact weight of your car you won't get accurate power measurements just keep the info on your car the same and the graphs will be consistent.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

okay, I downloaded Logworks3 when purchased my MTX-L so thats already installed. Now I'm trying to figure it all out. It looks like all is good, but when I click on the ECUControl plugin icon, nothing happens.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

sent you a pm with a link to the sdk. try installing that also and see if it helps.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

So, when trying to install the plugins I'm getting an error. Two dialog boxes pop up. The first is:
RegSvr32
The module "C:Program Files\TurboEDIT\PRO\Plugins\EcuControl\ecucontrol. dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterService failed with error code 0x80004005.
The second dialog box then pops up with:
Error Loading (ecucontrol): ActiveX component can't create object

I've spent all night trying to find a fix but I'm at a loss. Any ideas?
Old 09-16-2015, 12:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 fastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respectfastcrxsi90  is slowly gaining respect

Wish pgmfi forums were up, that is where all the "instructions" were... You used the EcuCOntrol 6.1.18 Full Install.exe file correct?

Not trying to promote anything, but I would seriously consider switching to tuner express...since you've already wasted some time with ecucontrol. Google docs is blocked here at work, but try looking thru beaves writeup: https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0A...thkey=CJCL06wK

I'm old with kids, so I have trouble justifying wasted time like I used to. I'll look thru some things to see if I can find an answer for you though.

*Edit: on re-reading your post, you are not trying to register ecucontrol.dll with regsvr are you? Use the plugin manager to load ecucontrol.dll into turboedit.

Last edited by fastcrxsi90; 09-16-2015 at 12:34 PM.
fastcrxsi90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2015, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

I do have tuner express installed and I'm trying to figure it out. It's proving a little harder to grasp than TE was. I have read that write up multiple times over. I have also read through what little info is left of pgmfi. I haven't seen anything that may help. And for your last question, no I'm not trying to register anything. This error message pops up while using the program manager. I feel you on the old with kids thing. The only chance I get to work on any of it is after they've gone to bed.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

*plugin manager
Old 09-16-2015, 03:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

You might have better luck getting everything to work under xp. You should be able to get Oracle VirtalBox installed on windows 10 then just install xp in that.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

I'm going to give that a try. I was trying to set it up last night but feel asleep
Old 10-03-2015, 01:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

So just an update for anyone who may be interested. I've been busy the past couple of weeks but I finally was able to finish the car tonight. She's running great. I appreciate everyone's input. Especially the ones who were communicating with me in the background. I probably couldn't have finished it without y'alls help. In the end I picked up a used laptop with XP and everything ended up working perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in