Honda D Series Forum banner

Using Wideband+Turboedit+ECUcontrol

4K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  ryan89crx 
#1 ·
how exactly do i go about integrating my wideband to work with TurboEdit and ECU control? Do i lose my stock narrowband sensor? or will i run both the narrow and the wideband? i cant seem to find instructions on how to set this all up. i have the directions on how to hook up the wideband, but it lacks the instructions on how to use it with a stand-alone like a chipped ecu. I know i can tune by watching the rpms and the wideband, but i want to be able to datalog everything, including a/f ratios. can anyone point me in the right direction?

BTW im going to be using a PLX M-250

#3 ·
You can either use the simulated narrowband output to your stock o2 sensor input to the ecu, or...

You can disable your o2 sensor in turboedit (I believe), then hook the analog signal from your wideband to your o2 sensor into your ecu. The ECU will disregard this signal and just send that, along with any other information to your Datalog port. When you are done, swap back to narrowband output from your wideband to your o2 sensor input on your ecu, or switch back to stock o2 sensor.

One thing to keep in mind..you may want to keep your stock o2 sensor plugged in, and within the exhaust stream as to keep it alive, and stop you from getting an o2 sensor heater CEL

#5 ·
well i am only going to be using the wideband for tuning, seeing as it isnt mine. does anyone have and pictures to show where to connect the wodeband to the ecu? also the PLX comes with 2 noise filters that it says you need to use when integrating with an ecu...what are these?

#6 ·
ryan89crx said:
well i am only going to be using the wideband for tuning, seeing as it isnt mine. does anyone have and pictures to show where to connect the wodeband to the ecu? also the PLX comes with 2 noise filters that it says you need to use when integrating with an ecu...what are these?
All you need is an ecu pinout, probably h-t or hondaswap or some common site will have it. We might even have one right here on this site.
All you do is either cut and solder the wideband output to this wire, or use a switch...either way

#12 ·
honestly, if you're running completely off your map and your part-throttle portion of the map is good, just turn off your o2 sensor in turboedit. I'm pretty sure it will use your map 100% of the time instead of just near-full-throttle conditions.

Reactions: ryan89crx
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.