Honda D Series Forum banner

z6 dizy used with a obd2a wiring harness?

4K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  the425th 
#1 ·
hey guys im stumped on a problem right now. I currently have a 98 dx coupe and the d16y7 blew a hg and had a rod knock. So i bought a d16z6, put it in, and now im having distributor problems and i need help asap! the y7 dizy only bolts onto the z6 head with one bolt. So can i take the z6 distributor and wire the y7 distributor plug onto it so i can retain using my obd2a wiring harness? will i have any issues with doing so? all the wires look the same color and in the same pattern. Also i already have done the crank sensor bypass trick so i use the factory obd2a wiring harness on the obd1 motor. Currently i am a little strapped on money so i cannot order a jumper harness for the dizy and i am okay with not running vtec at the moment. Any help is appreciated, im stuck!

#9 · (Edited)
howsit guys im new to dis froum im frm S A .i need help wid my car i hav a luxline 93 94 .I had a D16A9 DOHC engine in it i changd it to a D16A8 DOHC .I changed the cams on it to a 29629 cam after changin the cam the engine pickd up a nosie it sound like a lose tappit i resetted the tappits and da sound is stil there and plz tell me something the other small dizzy on da EXH Cam wats that 4 is it import coz im usein my dizzy frm my A9 engine coz it wired up right i just had 2 change my air intake .anyone dat can help plz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.