D15B Dual Carb rev fault - revs itself to 3.5k-4.5k rpm!!! Please help... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 05:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Exclamation D15B Dual Carb rev fault - revs itself to 3.5k-4.5k rpm!!! Please help...

Hi all, so this is how it was - got in to my car , started to drive and just after few km's of the road I felt something's wrong when tried to shift in gears - while used clutch revs raised from ~3k rpm to 4k rpm then I thought what da [email protected], and pulled over, shut off the engine, opened the bonnet and didnt noticed any weird shit, so started the engine again, it was grand maybe for 30 sec's and then it all began again - idle is reving up to 3.5k-4.5k rpm.
Suspected alternator but its just fine, checked all vacum pipes all seemed to be ok ... ecu doesnt show any error code, and when tried to drop the trotle down by hand on carbs - it feels that engine doesnt burn gas properly - feels klike some cilynder would missfire sometimes and u can see alot smoke from exhaust. engine sounds ok when working on high rpm - no smoke no knocking, just high rpm...nightmare for last two days to drive it!

Please help ...

damn dual carb sucks...

READ IT + COMMENT IT + LOVE IT OR HATE IT + RATE IT + REP ME = HELP ME PLEASE
Mariozas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2009, 05:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

bad head gasket

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2009, 06:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

no shit ... are u serious? I have full gasket set ready bought 3 months ago but havent had a chance or need to replace all ...

Old 10-01-2009, 07:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Does it necessarily has to be a head gasket fault? I will have to do a inspection on my coolant if there is any oil traces in it or not... can it be caused because antifreeze concentrate (not antifreeze & water mixture 50/50) has been used in cooling system?

Old 10-01-2009, 06:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I am not very good with honda carbs. But I was in the hotrod stuff years ago so...... How do you set idle on your carbs? Do your carbs have a stepper idle? Do your carbs have set screws you can adjust that change idle fuel mix?

Maybe some picks will help me out. You should also look for vacuum leaks. Spray all of the intake system with carb clean and see if the idle picks up even more. Lets say you spray the intake gasket and the idle picks up a lot. Your intake gasket would be leaking. You get it?

I have a feeling it is a vac leak.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2009, 02:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

it cant be a head gasket ... some mysterious thing happening - it started cold at 2k rpm , warmed up on the way to work and was idling at 1k rpm as normal... dont know for how long it will last its like a time bomb to me...got some advices that it could b idle valve needs cleaning ... have no idea where can it be located, could be intake gasket, or throttle plate sticking ... wont probably have enough time to check any till Sunday ... it plays on my nerves...!!! Oh I wish somebody would offer me B18C or H22A swap ...

Last edited by Mariozas; 10-02-2009 at 02:17 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

it probly isnt your head gasket i had problems with this in my last ef check the vacum lines that go into your intake or there is a little vacum post that comes off of the side those tend to go bad from time to time and that would cause your reving problem
d16z6si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2009, 09:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

the craziest shit happened today - i had drove it for about two hours and nothing bad have happened! warm engine idling is very very stable at 1000rpm and didn't ever raised like before out of nowhere for a single time! probably just a throttle body was sticking inside where throttle plates are ... will give a good carb cleaning respray this evening and will see if it will not happen in near future ... dam I hate this carbed shit... want to do engine swap in future ...

Old 10-03-2009, 05:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

check it out - my car had just about 10liter or less of petrol in the tank, and I decided to fill up this eve before go home, so I did, shot in another 34liter of petrol and started engine without touching throttle pedal rev raised to 4.5k rpm!!!
what da hell?
by the way took out pcv valve (this little metal tube on top of intake manifold with hose to underneath somewhere, that was packed up with some black dusty shit in it so cleaned it all out with carb cleaner spray good few times until i have emptied it nd made it to work like a VALVE cause it was letting airflow to both sides like some shit tube, but it still sticks on some times, and there is one sensor with two cables I think injected has very same sensor as well - connector plug with two wires, and two hoses connects to that sensor - one hose goes near same place as pcv valve and other to carb air box ... when its unplugged it blocks the airflow to any way, when I remove the hose from it that goes to intake manifold near pcv valve it sucks air and rpm keeps high, then when I try to block that hose from manifold to that sensor by 70-85% - rpm drops but u can feel rich fuel mixture and bad sound of engine at that low rpm
dont know what da hell
I suspect carbs

what do u thinnk?

this is the thing I was blocking off the pipe to drop rpm...

Old 10-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

Seems like the IAC is dying...but why is there an IAC on a carbureted motor? First, to rule out any vacuum leaks, get a can of starting fluid and spray anything that could leak while the motor is running. Idle jumps, you found a vacuum leak.

What year is the car and do you have another picture of the whole engine bay. I'm trying to figure out what fuel setup you have.

edit...does this look like your setup?
Wildjon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2009, 12:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Wink

Man this is sweet - you have vtec on your dualcarb??? pretty cool!

Yes it looks exact like mine engine setup except non-vtec ... and my hatch is RHD

Car year is 1992
Manufactured in Japan (real JDM model - imported to Ireland some years ago I think)

By the way what the hell is IAC?

Weird shit keeps happening to my car - its perfect now for last 48hours - starts perfect so many times of so many times .. . doesnt build up rpm itself anymore but Im pretty sure it will come back, so I better get prepared!

Engine block code: D15B (no extra # after engie code just SN below the code)

Chassis model - EG4 Hatchback

ECU - P03

The picture is not the best quality but you can see the main stuff, if you need better pic - just tell me and will do a good photo shoot this evening so you can see all shit clearly...

Last edited by Mariozas; 10-05-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildjon View Post
Seems like the IAC is dying...but why is there an IAC on a carbureted motor?
By the way, is that motor yours? It looks like unfinished project or taking apart project... If that engine components are for sale I would need some parts of it like head, vtec solenoid, ecu if its not the same as mine (P03) and probably ecu wiring or whatever wiring is required for that upgrade, just tell me the price to my email

mr(dot)mariozas(at)gmail(dot)com

thanks

Old 10-08-2009, 12:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Question Bump....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse View Post
I am not very good with honda carbs. But I was in the hotrod stuff years ago so...... How do you set idle on your carbs? Do your carbs have a stepper idle? Do your carbs have set screws you can adjust that change idle fuel mix?

Maybe some picks will help me out. You should also look for vacuum leaks. Spray all of the intake system with carb clean and see if the idle picks up even more. Lets say you spray the intake gasket and the idle picks up a lot. Your intake gasket would be leaking. You get it?

I have a feeling it is a vac leak.

look man I have no Idea does it have this or that, but here is exact pics of my engine setup 1:1 except those are not made by me, but somebody else who is selling it on eBay right now.

see what u can recognize here ... Does anybody here knows where TPS SENSOR (THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR) COULD BE LOCATED IN THIS ENGINE???

Old 10-08-2009, 04:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

man that like playing wheres Walso for a tps in the maze of vac lines lol

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2009, 04:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

any ideas from anyone ... ???

Old 10-14-2009, 01:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Lightbulb

well ... thanks for all help but now some sort of other faults came out ... while was driving hard this ticking / knocking appeared out of nowhere ... u cant hear it while starting to go reverse on low rpm, but can always be heard while idling or while driving forward, to me it sounds like a inlet or outlet valves, or - I have been told it could be rod bearing its gone ...

Last edited by Mariozas; 10-20-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Thumbs up Fault solved ->>> please look!!!

So finally I have found the dam vacum valve of some sort on the left side of the left carburetor that is going crazy on most times now lifting the carb / mixture idle plate of some sort so mixture gets very rich and idles at very high then - everything solved after disconnecting that single hose from that thing, but it doesnt accelerate any more as good as before when over 5k rpm but still drives like a hell! Anyway here is the location of dam shit thing - hose from it goes direct to black magic electronic vacum control box where I should say - all vacums come from

Old 10-20-2009, 01:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

So thats all with JDM D15B Dual Carb ... the end of story. Have bought Integra B18C JDM with S80 LSD gearbox for 800EUR, will have to do a very big conversion from my dual carb to B18C DOHC VTEC 180BHP on my EG4 hatch ... it all will begin at least from 2'nd November...

Old 11-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

Default dual carb engine

hi guys, is there anyone who can tell me where the fan switch is on the jdm 91 civic d15b dual carb engine, my fan is not coming on. if possible email me pics or any info thanks. [email protected], or [email protected]

Last edited by pillira; 11-01-2009 at 03:05 PM.
pillira is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sickvtec

wow such a hassle working on double carburetors...guess i better kill my intentions to use one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in