What do you all guys think? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default What do you all guys think?

hi guys how do you all feel about using mega squrit engine management systems ? i have one to install on my car because i want to turbo soon but wondering ,whats my d series brothers think
yardeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Rep Power: 26 Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Megasquirt is a great option for a lot of cars. For a Honda, give me a chipped P28 w/eCtune or Neptune any day. It's got the same kind of capabilities and you don't have to set up or adapt anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

sell it to a neon guy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Megasquirt is a great option for a lot of cars. For a Honda, give me a chipped P28 w/eCtune or Neptune any day. It's got the same kind of capabilities and you don't have to set up or adapt anything.
^x2. couldn't have said it any better.

built single cam.

track tool.
SOHCitTOem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Location: where there is a whole state between me and the ex...
sloopy is about to kiss the skysloopy is about to kiss the skysloopy is about to kiss the skysloopy is about to kiss the skysloopy is about to kiss the skysloopy is about to kiss the skysloopy is about to kiss the skysloopy is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

quality product, works well, but considering what a eCtune, or Neptune system can do (or even a crome setup) its kind of redundant on a honda...

^x3

sloopy.

Quote:
Originally posted by
:
omg...........do your research...a question like this will bring out the pitch forks and torches..save yourself and run to the search function.......
sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 wiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Well you allready spent the money on it but hooking it up is yet to come. It's nice having so many options when tuning advanced tables and I'd take it over an aem for price if you don't need to go that complex but that's a biased opinion. But for a honda? When we run out of honda obd1 ecu's sure if no body ever comes up with a widely available solution for honda's obd2 ecus for a better price than K-pro daughter board setups. Still that's going to exclued all the non serious people just getting turbo set ups for that BOV sound.
wiledwhitecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2009, 06:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member

Rep Power: 41 Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Bizzar is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bizzar Send a message via MSN to Bizzar Send a message via Yahoo to Bizzar

What do I think? Well I think with 2 posts we are not quite brothers yet and Mega Squirt can be found in the little room behind the curtains at your local video store.

Bizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

the reason people use megasquirt is cause they dont have the full tuning capabilites we do on chipped ecus. were kinda lucky in that respect

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Make threads with more understandable thread titles

So far, I think you suck.

krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2009, 07:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by krychek57 View Post
Make threads with more understandable thread titles

So far, I think you suck.
lol tell him how you really feel

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardeman View Post
how do you all feel about using mega squrit engine management systems?
its pointless, since the honda engine management system is so heavily backed by the industry. MS is a good option for those cars with little to no aftermarket support.

did you happen to look up what kind of sensors MS uses? look it up and price it out for your conversion to those sensors. then look up the price of a hondata s300, ECtune, and crome. you will see why honda owners dont use MS on a normal basis.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2009, 12:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Smile

sorry bizzar u dont think we are d brothers u got issues i only posted twice but been a member since 2008 ... anyhow the reason i asked about ms is because i live in the caribbean and chipped ecu is not wide spread, chipped ecu have a lot of support international but not where i live, the ms has a map sensor built in and will use back all the oem sensors, the ms will be wired into the harness at the stock ecu, it also can connect to a laptop for easy road tune the connector is built in...just wanted to know other views..
yardeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2009, 12:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

i think its a good standalone DIY ems for the money. some people hate it some people don't. not many people run MS with hondas its usually famous around most cars that don't have good ems available. for us out here in the states its just easier a lot of different programs to tune are available to us. but if it takes MS to make life easier for you then go ahead just read into it as much as you can.

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2

Last edited by greasemonkey89; 09-30-2009 at 12:32 AM.
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2009, 12:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Give car to Blundar, get car back, don't ask too many questions.

Alot comes down to the rules you have to live under for YOUR racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in