Tuner in colorado - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 09:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Default Tuner in colorado

looking for someone to tune Crome in Colorado...
xxjdmcivicek9xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

PM me what is your set up and crap. I am in co springs.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or pm

Last edited by fuse; 09-22-2009 at 04:19 PM.
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2009, 07:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano

pm'd

Old 09-29-2009, 07:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

PFI seem to make good power
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2009, 08:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

on crome?? i went there along time ago and honestly wasnt impressed by there shops cleanliness or how much they raped me to tune my safc...when i was a noob to the turbo scene. they took full advantage i would have to say.but thanks for the reply.and im still not sure if they even mess with crome??
Old 09-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

if they will tune a hack they will tune crome.
Quote:
Old 09-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

PFI doesn't tune crome. They only do realtime stuff. They *might* do it if you have a moates ostrich and a laptop already setup and working for the purpose, but that is what i was told about 2 years ago. I live only a few blocks from PFI..

I would volunteer to do it, I have a wideband and I am in ft. collins, but I've only tuned my own shit..
sanimalp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 K5trailrunner will become famous soon enoughK5trailrunner will become famous soon enoughK5trailrunner will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

lol whatever you do don't go to import sports, they'll kill your car
K5trailrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2010, 10:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 4doorZ6 is a name known to all4doorZ6 is a name known to all4doorZ6 is a name known to all4doorZ6 is a name known to all4doorZ6 is a name known to all4doorZ6 is a name known to all4doorZ6 is a name known to all4doorZ6 is a name known to all4doorZ6 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I went to PFI, but I was on Hondata s300...Brent is an amazing tuner in my opinion. But not sure if they do Chrome.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 NightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regularNightCat is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5trailrunner View Post
lol whatever you do don't go to import sports, they'll kill your car
Whats wrong with Import Sports???

I doubt Revolutions Performance would tune Crome, but I wouldnt go there. Ive seen some of there tunes and I think they're way too dangerous.

they "Tuned" my friends evo and when I data logged him it pulled 8 count knock on their tune
NightCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010, 12:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 K5trailrunner will become famous soon enoughK5trailrunner will become famous soon enoughK5trailrunner will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i took my car in to them to have a engine put in, they charged me 4k for a used engine plus install.
when i picked it up they told me the check engine light was on and there was nothing they could do about it, it was a byproudct of the swap (D16y8 instead of D16y7 auto) after about a week i went to autozone to have them read the codes. they came up; IAC, TPS, and IAT. i didn't think those had anything to do with the swap. so i took it back. in short the 4th time i took it back they finially got the check engine light to turn off. i had the wrong throttle body on there for the first 3 months after the swap. (they didn't know there a different between auto and manual), they taped the IAT sensor so it would fit in the hole in the intake, that wouldn't of been that bad except that they blamed it on me. (I've been working on cars my whole life, i even aced auto school in college, I'd never tape a sensor.... EVER) I took the car back to them because i was loosing oil, they told me 4 times they couldn't find the leak so there was nothing they could do about it. i keep telling them vtec wasn't kicking so they would take it for the day and give it back to me at the end of the day with nothing touched and all they would tell me was it's working fine. so i hooked up a meter and a then a vtec light. (all my calculations a led wouldn't pull enough amps to light to even come close to hurting an ecu. the first 3 times i took it back with the vtec light installed all he asked me was if it turned on or not, and i said no it didn't. the 4th time i took it back. he ripped me a new one and told me it voided my warrinty. after 6 months after the swap my car started knocking, so i took it back to them, and all they could tell me was "they couldn't replicate the problems" after 3 weeks of knocking it got so bad the car accually left me stranded on the side of the road, so i had it towed back down there and had my lawer insist on them installing a nother motor in the car. they said they would but if i wanted the warinty (SP) again it would cost me $800 more. they said if i didn't want the warinty they would just install the engine and give me the remaining 40miles on my old engine. (i live 50 miles from them) so i'd be screwed after i got home. but if i did want it they would go and install a new water pump, oil pump, and timing belt. (What ever..... lol) so on my way home oddly enough my main relay went out and left me stranded again. so my lawer told them to come and get it. they said no problem, they would take care of it, and they just asked where it was. after it was fixed they wanted to charge 250ish for the repairs. (By this time i stoped dealing with them and went strictly through my Lawer)
she asked what the charges were for and they said 80 for the towing. that set my lawer off and all i could do was sit there and laugh. lol
needless to say, they now want me to take the car there for everything including the oil changes, i can't touch any wiring or mechanical on the car and i have to run 91octane (Highest we have out here) or they will void the warinty.

so I'm not returning to them for anything (no matter how small) unless i have absoulity no choice about it, EX. Warinty

That's why i say FU#K Import Sports.
P.S. Sam, Is the owner/Manager/Counter person/ and Supposily Engine Speciallist
But My opinion... I wouldn't trust him to change my wipers
K5trailrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010, 08:52 AM   #12 (permalink)

yeah im still not sure who i will be taking my car to...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010-294whp D16Y7 T3/T4 24psi E85 12.77 @ 111mph!

2011-360whp D16Y7 GT3076R 25psi E85 12.05 @ 115mph!

2012-414whp D16Y7 GT3076R 28psi E85 11.68 @ 124mph!

Current Ride- 09 Acura TSX
Old 04-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse View Post
PM me what is your set up and crap. I am in co springs.
are you shop???

anyways, i heard that moe at zion may tune crome. i've heard several good reviews about Moe but i've still never done business with him (that's why i didn't recommend him to you right away)

also, if you can get in contact with mike (themidastouch on local forums like highaltitudeimports or s2kca) and somehow get him to find time to help you, he may do it for very little charge or no charge

otherwise, i'd ditch crome like i did because finding a good tuner was so difficult and gave me a headache, so go with hondata s300 and run to any shop i've mentioned before is what i'd recommend

theblackpearl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Classic Man

just go to PFI and tell them to tune it and if they dont you will unleash a cock snot shot on their door.

tuning will commence shortly after.
Quote:
Old 04-30-2010, 10:09 AM   #15 (permalink)

^^ pfi will do it?? i had to use s300 with them, maybe i wasn't bitchy or convincing enough for crome lol

Old 04-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #16 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackpearl View Post
are you shop???

anyways, i heard that moe at zion may tune crome. i've heard several good reviews about Moe but i've still never done business with him (that's why i didn't recommend him to you right away)

also, if you can get in contact with mike (themidastouch on local forums like highaltitudeimports or s2kca) and somehow get him to find time to help you, he may do it for very little charge or no charge

otherwise, i'd ditch crome like i did because finding a good tuner was so difficult and gave me a headache, so go with hondata s300 and run to any shop i've mentioned before is what i'd recommend
No Im just me my names Bergin. No shop. I do mostly street tunes. I am a crome dealer. Iv done about 30 tunes with no problems on crome. Mostly na some turbo tunes some e85 tunes b,d,hs so far. I do mostly budget stuff not 10,000 dollar motors. I don't really like pushing crome over 350hp or 15psi. If you have something over that contact a neptune dealer or ectune dealer.

I lost my dyno hook up some time ago (he ether died or when't out of biz ether way cant find him) I have a new dyno hook up a upp in co springs but they want 100 an hour. The last shop was only charging me 60 an hour.

My back ground: ase master, worked at a machine shop 3 years (eines and rink co springs), working at a honda dealer now 6 years and running (front range honda co springs), honda master plack..........Bla Bla. So Im not a king dingaling tuner but I'm descent at tuning/ diag/ fixes/ engine building.

Pm me If you have any other questions. Or contact any one in my itrader account.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
or pm
Old 04-30-2010, 10:59 AM   #17 (permalink)

Hmm, sounds good. Maybe I should give you a shot on my next turbo d setup. Can you pm me your rates?

Old 04-30-2010, 11:08 AM   #18 (permalink)

I don't have to hide my rates

60$ to chip
120$ street tune (about 4-5 hours)
If you want dyno time 100$ a hour. If it was me I would street tune first then get wot dialed in for best power with a hour or two on the dyno.

I can trade parts. What ever. I have done tunes for ecus, heads, blocks lol. I do this because its fun and its my hobby but I like a little cash with it too. If your good at something why do it for free.

You can also email me at [email protected] if I get to know you I will even give you my number
or pm
Old 04-30-2010, 11:19 AM   #19 (permalink)

Not bad. So you'd recommend 120 for street tune with a couple hours on dyno so like 320 total? And we just need a chipped ecu, you have all the other stuff needed right?

That's much better than the 600 for hondata and 300 for tune I paid

sorry for the off topic, or I guess this is still on topic

Old 04-30-2010, 11:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
Classic Man

crome is such a piece of shit program... the only people who speak well of it are people who purchased pro or have never used anything else, or people that are broke as fuck.

its a joke and if PFI doesnt tune it, that brings them UP a notch in my books.

BUT, with that being said, if you explain that it is what you can afford and nothing more, and have no expectations and just want them to do as best they can with it, im sure they will help you out.

in todays economy, would u turn away $300?
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in