Apexi afc neo questions - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 03:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Apexi afc neo questions

i have searched and i can find nothing im trying to hook up the apexi afc neo on my 94 civic ex. can some one help me with the wiring digram i went to ther website but it wouldn't let me open the file.
thanks in advance
slammed99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2009, 04:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Joey Misanthropy

Rep Power: 16 Joseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Davis

Do you have Adobe Acrobat, or preferrably Foxit Reader (much less bloated, faster), installed on your computer in order to open it? If so, email me at [email protected] and I can send you a copy. I keep all that stuff on my laptop.

PS - AFCs suck and I wouldn't have one in my car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Joseph Davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009, 08:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to siregcivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Davis View Post
Do you have Adobe Acrobat, or preferrably Foxit Reader (much less bloated, faster), installed on your computer in order to open it? If so, email me at [email protected] and I can send you a copy. I keep all that stuff on my laptop.

PS - AFCs suck and I wouldn't have one in my car.
afc are good... they arent great, but they do work, so stop making eveything sound like it sucks....

who are you anyways, you come on here and sound like you know what your talking about but you dont....

ive tuned a bunch of cars with afc, and it works well not as great as a ecu tune would but still, it works well end of story

SOBER TILL ITS OVER
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 08:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by siregcivic View Post
afc are good... they arent great, but they do work, so stop making eveything sound like it sucks....

who are you anyways, you come on here and sound like you know what your talking about but you dont....

ive tuned a bunch of cars with afc, and it works well not as great as a ecu tune would but still, it works well end of story
you are so wrong. an AFC does suck. its not the 90's anymore.... and there are FAR better options out there, unless the user just wants a light show.

JD is your father, you just dont know it.

srsly, show respect where its due. this man has mad knowledge and likes to share it

its no wonder he left d-series for so long... people making the most outlandish claims
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009, 08:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 FURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

AFC are horrible compared to what we have available for our cars. Seriously, for the price of a afc you could by the right hardware to really tune.

A liittle more info on why piggybacks suck.--> PGMFI.ORG - Grassroots ECU Development - Library . WhyDoPiggybacksSuck
FURYOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009, 08:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....

yes i know its not the 90's, i have my own business going on out of my garage, i work on cars, tune them i still use an afc to tune.. im not saying its the best way, but its still used

im not a damn newb, i know afc arent great, i know they add timing when you mess with the fuel curve in the afc....

damn shoulda just kept my mouth shut i have been building honda's since 98, not as long as alot of people on here, but i remember all the og stuff

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......

Last edited by siregcivic; 09-22-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 Dmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to allDmc971989 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:

if you dont know who he is then you should keep your mouth shut... the man has more tuning abilities in one of his nut hairs than you do in your entire body
Dmc971989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009, 09:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

my email is [email protected]
slammed99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009, 10:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Joey Misanthropy

Rep Power: 16 Joseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to all

Quote:
Everyone else seems to know who I am. Who are you? I've never heard of you before.

Nice claim, BTW. Can you actually debate the merits of why an AFC... "works great"... or are your arguments comprised solely of "NO U!!" level logic?

Old 09-22-2009, 11:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 29 reviews

if AFC's worked as good as you say they do i would still have one on my car and not have a chipped ecu with crome...and i even know theres better programs than crome out there but im just to poor to buy them but i sure as hell wont go back to OG AFC BS...
xxjdmcivicek9xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
669AWHP

Rep Power: 18 icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!
icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 33 reviews
Send a message via AIM to icwicked Send a message via MSN to icwicked Send a message via Yahoo to icwicked

y r u guys fighting about what is good and what is not? we all do our own thing and some people cant afford what others can so they deal with what they got..
but this is what i got off another site. i hope this helps!!

connect these two in this order:
brown wire (ground connects to the black wire going to the ECU)
black wire (ground connects about 4 inches behind the brown wire, make sure that the brown wire is closer to the ecu than the black)
gray wire (connects to the red w/black stripe, this may also be found under the hood off of the TP Sensor) Thottle Sensor
green wire (connects to the baby blue wire at ECU) RPM Signal Wire

This is where it gets tricky. Pull 2 wires through the fire wall to the map sensor. connect one to the white wire of the V-AFC and the other to the yellow wire. DO NOT GET THESE WIRES MIXED UP.. Unsheath the harness and cut the green w/red stripe wire. This is the wire that sends the signal to the ECU. Remember to leave enough wire to butt connect to. With this in mind. Here we go....

white wire (connects the green w red stripe wire (that you cut) that goes into the map sensor itself.)
yellow wire (connects to the green w/ red stripe wire (that you cut) that goes back to the ECU)

The reason for pulling the wire is this. There are 5 green w/ red stipe wires that come through the firewall and you do not need to cut the wrong one.

Next is the VTEC wires:

Here we go again. This time pull 2 more wires (one connected to the purple wire and one connected to the pink wire of the V-AFC)through the firewall to right under the air box and the resonating box. It has a gray connector with a single blue wire coming out of it. This is where the VTEC solenoid valve is.... Once again cut the blue wire remember to leave enough to but connect to....

pink wire (connects to the blue wire (that you cut) that goes to the VTEC solenoid valve)
purple wire (connects to the blue wire (that you cut) that goes from the VTEC solenoid valve to the ECU)

Now to power it:
red wire (connets to the yellow w/ black stripe wire that goes into the ECU)
orange wire (connects to the yellow w/ black stripe wire (behind the red wire that is closer to the ECU than this one) that goes to the ECU)

Here is the 2nd option to the power. Remember that your car will not run unless the V-AFC is on. So either you can hook up the power wire as above, or you can hook both wires up to a switch that is hot at all times (this is how I have mine, since I have push button ignition in my car).
icwicked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

fuck guys, are you serious... im sorry i said a fucking afc works good... and to joseph davis, i obviously havent seen you around on the forums, you obviously left for a long time and theres alot of new people coming up on here making claims of alot of stuff... i dont post that much obviously theres guys that have been here for less then a year that have more posts than i do i just dont post much, thats probably how you dont know me...

i apologize if i offended anyone... i know an afc isnt the best way to do something... but it works fine, my friend wade has a 99 civic with a b16b in it, he got his vafc for 60 bucks... his car is running a 99 pct computer, so converting to obd1, getting a harness, ecu, and chiping kit would have cost him over 200 bucks....

i tuned his hatch on the street with a wideband, and the car got faster and it has been running fine for 2 years now...

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

i wicked... you can go to the apexi website and get the full wiring diagram and install insttructions here ill even get them for you

the full install is right here scroll down to page 31 then look up your model civic then scroll down and you will see the ecu plugs with a diagram where the wires go

http://www.apexi-usa.com/content/pdf6154.pdf

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
669AWHP

Rep Power: 18 icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!
icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!icwicked is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 33 reviews
Send a message via AIM to icwicked Send a message via MSN to icwicked Send a message via Yahoo to icwicked

i just google real fast and thats what i found. u could have just put that in the first place. poeople have their own opinions and thats what starts lil drama wars. all the OP ask for what how to hook it up and all he got was people fighting over this and that.
icwicked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Joey Misanthropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by icwicked View Post
i just google real fast and thats what i found. u could have just put that in the first place. poeople have their own opinions and thats what starts lil drama wars. all the OP ask for what how to hook it up and all he got was people fighting over this and that.

The OP got the manuals that wouldn't download for him from Apexi-USA's site emailed to him by me thirty minutes after he posted his email, and he's exchanged a couple emails on the subject since. Just because I corrected some garbage information along the way does not mean the OP was forgotten.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Joey Misanthropy

Quote:
theres alot of new people coming up on here making claims of alot of stuff...

In the future I expect you (I expect everyone) to verify whether any "claims" anyone makes are valid before you start being contradictory without knowing the subject like the back of your hand. If you had five minutes dyno experience, much less fed and clothed your kid using them, you would never say that arbitrarily skewing ignition timing in order to pursue some internet forum "ideal" AFR using the biggest liar ever, the wideband, "works good [sic]".

People find it very hard to argue with me because I only talk about what I know. There are a lot of threads I don't comment on, at all, because I don't know the answer. That's a habit everyone should get into.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Davis View Post
There are a lot of threads I don't comment on, at all, because I don't know the answer. That's a habit everyone should get into.
100% agreed

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

pm sent to joseph davis...

to everyone else i apologize for starting a bunch of bs about the whole topic, and calling people out that i dont know.

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in