Engine shut off and never came back on!! help please please!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question Engine shut off and never came back on!! help please please!!

Hey alright guys so I have a 92 civic hatch with.a jdm d15b running on a p08 ecu so I was driving down doing 40 and then suddenly my rpms went down to 1000 and I tried accelerating but they still stayed after a few seconds the car shut off and I couldn't get it on I noticed that every time I tried starting it it blew my ecu fuse under the hood(after I also notice that it blew every time I turn my ignition switch on) I tried to turn it om with a p28 and still burned i the fuse... any ideas???
I also tried push start
92hatch15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2009, 05:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 bori74 is almost a somebodybori74 is almost a somebodybori74 is almost a somebodybori74 is almost a somebody

you have a short my friend.Only thing I can say is look for burnt or frayed wires look at everything.Disconnect the ecu put a new fuse and try to crank the car,whats happens.Connect the ecu one plug at a time until the fuse pops.If and when it pops stop and find out where the wires go.Sometimes shorts are something minor.If the engine was swapped i'd look on the engine harnees, wires, rubbing on metal parts.Good luck.
bori74 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2009, 11:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Awesome advive. + rep for you buddy

Old 09-19-2009, 12:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bori74 View Post
you have a short my friend.Only thing I can say is look for burnt or frayed wires look at everything.Disconnect the ecu put a new fuse and try to crank the car,whats happens.Connect the ecu one plug at a time until the fuse pops.If and when it pops stop and find out where the wires go.Sometimes shorts are something minor.If the engine was swapped i'd look on the engine harnees, wires, rubbing on metal parts.Good luck.
Ok well I did what u told me to but when I got my car back home I put in a new fuse and checked one by one it didn't pop then I push started it since I was afraid of blowing the fuse well the car started with no problem, I let it warm up and then took it for a ride in my neighborhood went to the park and back 2 times in my second time while I was approaching my house it died and sure enought the ecu fuse was blown idk what to do??
Old 09-19-2009, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Adia's Daddy

Rep Power: 26 Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!
Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!Steve-O is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Steve-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatch15 View Post
Ok well I did what u told me to but when I got my car back home I put in a new fuse and checked one by one it didn't pop then I push started it since I was afraid of blowing the fuse well the car started with no problem, I let it warm up and then took it for a ride in my neighborhood went to the park and back 2 times in my second time while I was approaching my house it died and sure enought the ecu fuse was blown idk what to do??
Sounds like a wire is rubbing somewhere like bori said. You're probably going to need a wiring schematic for the car unless you want to just go ahead and open up the harness to find the short.

If it makes you feel any better for now, you are learning valuable diagnosis skills with how you are going about this and have made progress even if you think you are still lost:

1. You know it is not the ECM since you've already installed a known good unit and are still experiencing the same problem.
  2. You've isolated part of the circuit and can conclude it is AFTER the ignition switch since the fuse fails when the ignition switch is turned ON.
  3. You have further isolated the circuit to the ignition switch ON circuit since the fuse fails even if you bump start the car.
  4. Since it is your ECM fuse that is failing, the short is likely somewhere downstream of the fuse in the circuit, that being between the respective fuse panel where the ECM fuse is located and the ECM itself.
Your next course of action is to back track the wiring from the ECM all the way to the fuse panel like bori talked about. See if one or more wires are making contact anywhere along the way. Check zip-tie clips, mounting locations on the firewall, unibody or engine and examine the wires in the harnesses themselves to see if any are burnt, frayed or melted as bori said. Also be sure to check the connectors for loose or melted plugs and/or wires.

It will be tedious so take your time and inspect the wires carefully. The short is in there somewhere and you'll grin from ear to ear after you find it :td:.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Living the humble dream as an independent shop repair tech
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
One thing I have always believed, and I think should apply here too for the most part, is this: If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Why put forth that effort to tell someone some negative stuff that you know they won't like to hear. Build your car how you want, and let others do the same.

Namaste

Last edited by Steve-O; 09-19-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2009, 07:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to crazymx6

what have you done to the harness of the car? did you use solder?

crazymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ok I will get on it first thing in the morning I will keep u guys updated and thanks for ur help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ecu fuse

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in