Lol, why's this one more white than the other 3? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 uxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Default Lol, why's this one more white than the other 3?

I was doing a compression test to see if my rings were bad "thats how you do it right? lol" and each cylinder was 240 psi. The white spark plug came from the number 4 cylinder. Lol, why's it so lean there? What do you think could cause this problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-09-17 17.03.12.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	344.7 KB
ID:	21729   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-09-17 17.03.02.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	398.7 KB
ID:	21730   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-09-17 17.02.53.jpg
Size:	296.8 KB
ID:	21731   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-09-17 17.03.17.jpg
Size:	352.6 KB
ID:	21732   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-09-17 17.01.52.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	407.0 KB
ID:	21733  

uxaxi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Will Do Handstands For Pussy!!!

Rep Power: 22 JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!JDMek is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JDMek

runnin lean in that one cylinder? weird.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JDMek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2009, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

bad plug wire, injector

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 uxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to all

Maybe the plugs but i replaced them less than 10k miles ago. . The injectors i took to dr. injector in tacoma to get some insurance just in case and they flow just fine.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 a5hatch is hot as a volcanoa5hatch is hot as a volcano
a5hatch is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Plug WIRES, and possibly Dist cap/rotor is worn.

377WHP 292Lbs TQ

Quote:
Sir, how the eff do you rebuild oil?
a5hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2009, 05:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 airride is starting to learn the ropesairride is starting to learn the ropesairride is starting to learn the ropesairride is starting to learn the ropesairride is starting to learn the ropesairride is starting to learn the ropesairride is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

what kind of wires are you using tho. Ebay shit sucks ass

airride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

The 7mm ones from schucks, i dont buy ebay shit.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch

Rep Power: 34 dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dougshatch

Yay time for new engine!

My kanjozoku project

dougshatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougshatch View Post
Yay time for new engine!
Because of a white spark plug?
Old 09-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

looks kinda like coolant leaking into that cylinder maybe. head gasket?

Lukefsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Maybe but it was just changed so i dunno.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

did you idle the car for a bit before turning it off?

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

What air fuels are you running and what's your timing. Check your cylinder trim in CROME and see if somehow the cylinder trim got turned down. How much timing do you have. You have build up on its porcelein & detonation from what it looks like. What heat range plugs do you have?

So do all that and write back. Go from there. Add fuel in the cylinder trim by a decent amount. Monitor a/f's and then see if it fixes your problem. That is what its there for..
Old 09-17-2009, 10:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

What is your total timing and cruising max timing around 13-17 inches of vac. 3k rpm.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
did you idle the car for a bit before turning it off?
What do you mean? like every time i drive, do i let it idle for second before i turn it off? If you mean that, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPERSEDAN View Post
What air fuels are you running and what's your timing. Check your cylinder trim in CROME and see if somehow the cylinder trim got turned down. How much timing do you have. You have build up on its porcelein & detonation from what it looks like. What heat range plugs do you have?

So do all that and write back. Go from there. Add fuel in the cylinder trim by a decent amount. Monitor a/f's and then see if it fixes your problem. That is what its there for..
I tuned to about 14.5-14.7 but i didn't have alot of time to time it because my ribbon cable crapped out and i was using a shitty chip with a ghetto map on it, then i took it to speedfactory to have them burn the map i had on my ostrich and the guy there said he usually pulls 4* of timing throughout the map for p29's. So he did but i haven't changed the spark plugs since that. i just put new ones in today "from a y8" i'll go drive it around a little tomorrow and take them out to see what color they are
Old 09-18-2009, 12:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Here's the map i gave the guy from speedfactory, he took timing away but it doesn't show it on this because i dont have a chip burner/reader.
Attached Files
File Type: bin P28.bin (32.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-18-2009, 01:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxaxi View Post
What do you mean? like every time i drive, do i let it idle for second before i turn it off? If you mean that, no.
umm, no. did you idle the car for a minute and then shut it off and pull plugs. pretty simple question since its refering to how to read plugs. hard run, then pull them. if sit there and idle, the high a/f will burn off most of the info from the tip of the plug.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2009, 05:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 FURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like BoratFURYOF4 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxaxi View Post
The 7mm ones from schucks, i dont buy ebay shit.
Sorry but if its not OEM Honda or ngk, its probably shit. Parts store wires suck.
FURYOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2009, 11:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99EJ6T View Post
umm, no. did you idle the car for a minute and then shut it off and pull plugs. pretty simple question since its refering to how to read plugs. hard run, then pull them. if sit there and idle, the high a/f will burn off most of the info from the tip of the plug.
Thanks, i've never had to read plugs before but since my laptop battery only lasts 5 minutes unplugged i can't tune very much anymore. And the ostrich's ribbon cable crapped out too. .

I'll go try it out when i feel like going somewhere. Thanks alot
Old 09-18-2009, 11:09 AM   #20 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

there is a lot of ash on that spark plug... look in the cylinder, do you see any oil/wetness on the piston?

try to increase the fuel to that cylinder and see what happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in