obd0-obd1 tuning? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default obd0-obd1 tuning?

okay so i have an 88 civic converted obd-1 with p28 and d15b. i want to learn how to tune using crome. but my first problem is getting everything that i need for datalogging. im wondering what the innovate lm-2 would plug into on my car. so im trying to figure out everything i need and what it does.

thanks
rmz822 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

moates.net
pgm-fi.org
Lc-1 will work fine. I have a friend running a jaw it works ok and is cheaper. I run a lm-2 it is nice but I tune more then one car.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2009, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

so how does an lm-2 read all of my sensors like map and temp sensor? my cars stock dash harness doesnt have obd port or w/e. thats kind of where im stuck. would using hulog to datalog and emulator to tune then chip burner to burn map, be just as good?
rmz822 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 04:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

What you do is data log with freelog, cromepro, neptune, ectune, hondata. Using data from inside the ecu using a hulog,hondalog of the 4 pin header cn2 inside the ecu.

The lm2 monitors voltage out side the ecu by taping into the tp,map........wires then you view that data in log works 3 innovates dataloger, it is not live but a recording. The lm2 has a wide band out put wire you would tap this into the stock o2 sensor wire and output a wide band signal to view in a internal ecu loger.

Ya read a lot more Hondata - Honda ECU Modification and Enhancement has a lot of info to. Same with xenos site.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

The way I do it using turboedit is to use the cn2 port(serial port) on the ecu through innovate's logworks application. It should work the same for you on crome. logworks has a plugin for the open source serial port logging that turboedit and crome both use, and interfaces with my innovate wideband on a separate channel.

I use 2 serial port adapters on my laptop, one for the ECU datalogging through a moates hulog, and the other serial port is for the LM-1 wideband. Logworks then takes care of the details, collecting the data from both serial channels and combines them into one coherent log i can tune with that includes all the ecu parameters and the wideband data.

It is a little clutery with 2 serial port adapters, but it works great.
sanimalp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in