Should i be using a p08 instead of p28? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 07:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 94EXa2
Default Should i be using a p08 instead of p28?

ok, so my car is a 94 ex coupe(auto) and it came with a d16z6/p28ecu. i swapped the z6 for an obd1 sohc zcvtec and kept the p28 ecu. should i be running the p08/chip my p28 to run p08 maps? i believe both the zcvtec/d15b run the p08 ecu, correct?
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough

anyone?
Old 09-17-2009, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

i rn my zc vtec with a stock p28 for a while and had no problems whatsoever

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 12:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
d-series Member

hatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the skyhatchnthoughts is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

the maps are only slightly different.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

would i be better off running a p08 basemap? i know running the stock p28 wouldnt "hurt", but if i'm better off running p08 maps i would rather do that than continue running p28 maps(for over a year no problems of course)
Old 09-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

i would say that you wouldnt feel a difference driving it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 DocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

^^ +1
Old 09-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 DocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94EXa2 View Post
i believe both the zcvtec/d15b run the p08 ecu, correct?
nope. the jdm zc vtec uses either the P70 (small case) or P91 (rectangular)ecu.
P08 for the jdm d15b tec.

if any, you'd be closest to the P70 & P91 maps with a P28 ecu. ---if any LOL!

Last edited by DocHudson; 09-17-2009 at 06:26 PM.
DocHudson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

so should i get a p70 basemap for my p28? or would that be a waste?
Old 09-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

it wouldnt be worth the hassle imo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in