Megasquirt? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MCG89 Send a message via MSN to MCG89
Default Megasquirt?

Anyone dealt with Megasquirt? I'm thinking once i get my bolt on's for the teg and its OBD-0 (87) i thought of getting Megasquirt for it. Tuning it for the mods i will have on it:

Bored TB
Heavily ported intake manifold
header
intake
exhaust
ZC cams

just to see what i might be able to get out of it?

Quote:
lol..and go fuck there kia..lol..old school ftw!!
MCG89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2009, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

dont quote me but i think Bigtuna is using this

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2009, 07:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Defender of the D

Rep Power: 19 Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!
Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

I doubt you will see that much affect n/a and as few bolt ons as you plan on running.. my research showd need for a more heavily modified motor. thats why i decided not to run it.
Quote:
to put the words all motor d16 and beast in the same sentence is pretty funny LOL , go boost if you want a beast, the best you can hope for NA is a kitten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrain T.
If it's not a Honda, Its a Nissan
Dmod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

porting out your intake manifold alot will kill power

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

here this has been talked about for many, many moon.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/engin...egasquirt.html
https://www.d-series.org/forums/engin...egasquirt.html
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
No Tune No Life!

Rep Power: 18 Drag4life723 is hot as a volcanoDrag4life723 is hot as a volcano
Drag4life723 is hot as a volcanoDrag4life723 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Drag4life723

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingciv View Post
dont quote me but i think Bigtuna is using this
he uses electromotive!
D16Z6 12.5:1cr [email protected] NA [email protected] 55shot

Drag4life723 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2009, 07:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Defender of the D

Rep Power: 19 Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!
Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!Dmod is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews

Ok just ignore what i said.. for some unknown reason i just confused megasquirt and snow perfomance meth injection. wow i feel stupid.
Quote:
to put the words all motor d16 and beast in the same sentence is pretty funny LOL , go boost if you want a beast, the best you can hope for NA is a kitten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrain T.
If it's not a Honda, Its a Nissan
Dmod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoer View Post

did you use the search button..?? damn, i thought it dissapeared.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

if anyone knows how it works and runs it taylor(Fooshitinkinjssomethingorother) our mod. he has a miata w/OER itb's he's on once in a while but you can find him on.. ClubRoadster.net - Powered by vBulletin he's a mod there and his name is: FooSchnickens
Old 09-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

thats why i am wanting to tune it with megasquirt with a heavily ported intake manifold

Quote:
Old 09-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

a heavy ported intake manifold is going to kill power no matter what tuning software your using...

best time so far

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

i also own a 96 mx-6. and a lot of people who boost their mx-6 use megasquirt and have awesome results

Quote:
Old 09-16-2009, 07:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfreak0885 View Post
a heavy ported intake manifold is going to kill power no matter what tuning software your using...
then how come other cars using an aftermarket intake manifold thats bigger with a tune improve?

Quote:
Old 09-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

do you drive a mx-6 or a honda? you can't compare oranges to apples..
Old 09-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

what do you consider heavily ported? a skunk2 and most others arent heavily ported.

no head work, heavily ported intake manifold and throttle body will kill power and torque

best time so far

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

i have both cars. thay are both cars, with ecu's. so i can compare. i was just backing megasquirt up with other cars. i dont see any other tuning options out there for a OBD-0 DOHC ZC

Quote:
Old 09-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfreak0885 View Post
what do you consider heavily ported? a skunk2 and most others arent heavily ported.

no head work, heavily ported intake manifold and throttle body will kill power and torque
ding, ding, ding... you are correct.. jonny tell this man what he won...

absoultely nothing..

i jujst got ou of my grage porting and polishing my a6 head, getting it prep to go into the machine shop on friday. i also over port my intake many to a 62mm but i'm going to rung a B18a 60mm tb w/the coolant bypass. but most of all i will be running a delt old school 272 cam. i have a Apexi GT header which steps from 1.5" to 1 5/8" merges 1 3/4" w/a 2" collector. even with that much work i don't need to run megasquirt.

i have a DOHC ZC in the have build fo a DD about the same work above but with stock cams and believe me it had some pick up... wait i gues the short ratio tranny helps.. lol.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

isnt turboedit for obd0 cars?

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

hm, i see your point on the intake manifold and what not. its just people around me have had their cars tuned with basic bolt ons and the gains were nice. i thought maybe tuning a DOHC ZC on some good bolt ons would get me to have some good gains

Quote:
Old 09-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCG89 View Post
hm, i see your point on the intake manifold and what not. its just people around me have had their cars tuned with basic bolt ons and the gains were nice. i thought maybe tuning a DOHC ZC on some good bolt ons would get me to have some good gains
i'm going to tell you what i have done to my ZC.

almost nothing. if you do some research on the ZCR you'll find.. damd i can't remember who but matt(theacidbeaver) does. when he bumped hi tb to a 60mm done by maxbore he lost power.

i have a CAI/port and polish head(more like deburred), a 4-2-1 2pc header, tanabe Mediallion cat back no cat straight back pipe. everything is stepped correctly from the intake intothe head then from the header to the exhaust. i have a PM6 ecu chipped w/ PM7 base fuel mapps and everything putted together for function. and let me tell you it fucking rides like a champ.

it doesn't run rich or lean it run awesome. and several members here have driven my car and can vouch for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in